You could basically put anything on top of warm buttery popcorn, and I would eat it. Whether it’s pretzel popcorn with candies or perhaps peanut butter popcorn, I like to transform a simple snack into something a bit more decadent. My son is also ALL about popcorn nowadays, so this is an easy recipe to share with him. Not only does he like to eat it, but he enjoys “decorating” the popcorn with sprinkles and other candy.
This recipe can be made in double or even triple. Serve or store in an airtight container. You can even share this with a classroom! I’m already envisioning colorful springtime treats for school or a sports team. I like to use the purple and pink candy melts from Wilton (easily found at Walmart!) along with pretzels and special Easter sprinkles.
Use large baking sheets lined with parchment paper to cover your popped popcorn with the melted candy melts along with pretzels and sprinkles. Toss to coat and enjoy!
- 10 C. popped popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton purple or pink chocolate candy melts (think spring!)
- 1-2 packages of easter nonpareils like those pictured (check craft store such as Joann Fabrics or your local grocery store’s easter section)
- 1 1/2 C. pretzel pieces, broken
- 1/4 C. Easter sprinkles
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn and broken pretzel pieces into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating it all. Sprinkle with Easter sprinkles.
- Pour the mixture out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out and then sprinkle with some extra Easter sprinkles and Easter nonpareils.
- Let the popcorn set for 20-30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”dessert cookbooks”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 4 Spaces to Update Before Selling Your Home - July 13, 2018
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Pops - July 13, 2018
- What the Flock? Summer Flamingo Party Ideas and Style Inspiration - July 13, 2018