I love finding new ways to celebrate every day. From birthdays to weekend parties, I enjoy creating fun themes to share with guests. One “holiday” that I never paid any attention to before I had children was Dr. Seuss Day. I loved those books just as much as the next kid growing up, but now I have a child to share them with. The delight I feel from reading these classics with my little man is a wonderful feeling. I know that he will grow to appreciate Dr. Seuss even more as he gets older, and so Dr. Seuss Day is now on my radar.
Dr. Seuss Day is March 2nd, so don’t forget to mark it on your calendar! 😉 If you’re an educator, a homeschooling parent, or just want to celebrate the day with a few good Dr. Seuss stories, this simple craft is for you. Or, if you’re hosting a children’s party and need budget-friendly decor, try this fun centerpiece idea!
You might have most of the supplies already in your home! You need a jar, scissors, craft glue, chopsticks, tissue paper, and a copy of your favorite book. We used Oh the Places You’ll Go! Look for Dr. Seuss books at a thrift store for additional savings so you don’t have to cut up your own personal copy!
Oh the Places You’ll Go Centerpiece
1. Begin by creating color copies of selected book pages. The perfect page is the one where the balloons are flying up into the sky. To make color copies, just go to a copy shop. You can make as few copies as you want for about $1 each.
2. Cut out a strip of the colorful waves found on the shown page. Cut it to fit the jar. Wrap the strip around the jar and secure with glue.
3. Crumple up the tissue paper, and tuck it into the jar. It will help hold your air balloon in place.
4. Cut out the copy of the air balloon as shown. Add some glue to the end of your chopsticks. Place the chopsticks in a V. The tip of your V should be the ends you just glued.
5. Now, press balloon picture to the glue. Hold in place until secure. This way, the chopsticks will act as a support to the balloon.
6. Tuck the sticks with the balloon attached into the tissue paper.
Display your Oh the Places You’ll Go centerpiece on some colorful scrapbook paper and you are ready to go!
Dr. Seuss Day Crafts
[amazon-related-products keywords=”dr seuss”]
- When to Hire a Probate Lawyer - February 25, 2020
- 5 Things to Try to Completely Change Your Perspective on Life - February 25, 2020
- Celebrating Childcare With Community-Building Events - February 24, 2020