I am trying to include vegetables into my everyday meal planning since last year I totally failed at eating more fruits and vegetables. I love to make “bacon and egg cups” for breakfasts in the morning, so I know that anything in muffin form is an easy favorite. When I decided to try spinach muffins, I was surprised that everyone in the family would enjoy them! Whether you’re looking to snack healthy or encourage your children to eat more spinach, here is a simple snack or breakfast to try!
For some reason, I thought a “spinach muffin” wouldn’t be delicious. I assumed it would be rather bland, and these are actually really good. My toddler likes them a lot. Sometimes I tell children a leprechaun must have come in and turned my muffins green (yes, I say this even when it isn’t March)!
Ready to make your own?
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach (okay, okay, I had a half and half mix in my fridge, so I used mostly spinach but also some spring mix)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine first five dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add wet ingredients and process until mixed well.
- Pour wet mix into the dry mix bowl and stir well until everything is combined.
- Using a 3 tablespoon scoop, drop mix into greased muffin tins - you'll get 8-9 large muffins.
- Bake, 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
How do you like your spinach?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Save time and stock up on snacks on Amazon: Try Happy Kids Fruit and Oats Bars! - November 18, 2017
- Podcasts For Bloggers - November 17, 2017
- Gingerbread Frozen Iced Tea - November 16, 2017