I am trying to include vegetables into my everyday meal planning since last year I totally failed at eating more fruits and vegetables. I love to make “bacon and egg cups” for breakfasts in the morning, so I know that anything in muffin form is an easy favorite. When I decided to try spinach muffins, I was surprised that everyone in the family would enjoy them! Whether you’re looking to snack healthy or encourage your children to eat more spinach, here is a simple snack or breakfast to try!
For some reason, I thought a “spinach muffin” wouldn’t be delicious. I assumed it would be rather bland, and these are actually really good. My toddler likes them a lot. Sometimes I tell children a leprechaun must have come in and turned my muffins green (yes, I say this even when it isn’t March)!
Ready to make your own?
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach (okay, okay, I had a half and half mix in my fridge, so I used mostly spinach but also some spring mix)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine first five dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add wet ingredients and process until mixed well.
- Pour wet mix into the dry mix bowl and stir well until everything is combined.
- Using a 3 tablespoon scoop, drop mix into greased muffin tins – you’ll get 8-9 large muffins.
- Bake, 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
How do you like your spinach?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”kids cookbooks”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018