Although Christmas is usually focused on giving and family time together, taking a girl’s night out or hosting a luncheon is a fun way to break away from the holiday stress. Hosting a gift exchange with your girlfriends is a wonderful way to remind them you care.
Determine Who To Buy For
Shopping for Christmas can get costly, especially after becoming a parent. You have your kids, spouse and family to buy gifts for. Usually when it comes to friends they get the short end of the stick, if receiving gifts at all. By coming up with a fun way to celebrate the holidays with your best friends without breaking the bank, you are sure to make more memories than headaches. Decide who is buying for whom. There are two great ways to make this run smooth.
White Elephant Gift Exchange
Have five girlfriends that want to get together this holiday? Each person buys a generic gift that they know all their friends will love and you play a simple game to trade gifts at your get together. You can draw numbers on the day of your gift exchange and pick presents in numerical order or play another festive game to determine which present goes home with each person.
Add each name into a hat and have each person draw once. This way you are only buying and receiving one gift and not always with the same person. You may draw Susie, although Erin may draw you. No obligation to reciprocate the gesture.
Set a Budget
Setting a budget for gifts is important. Having a spending limit helps everyone know what is expected so they aren’t disappointed or feel the need to spend too much. Plus, having a price limit gives you a challenge to see which holiday deal you can find to buy the best gift at the lower cost.
Pick a Theme
A theme makes any party more fun. Setting a theme for your holiday gathering can be just as exciting, maybe even hilarious, as exchanging gifts. There are several Christmas themes to pick from but some of the best are:
- Ugly Christmas Sweater: Each person that attends your holiday gift exchange has to come decked out in attire matching the theme. The Ugly Christmas Sweater theme can cause many laughs and is easy to dress for. You can find vintage sweaters at your local thrift shop. Nowadays with the party theme being so popular most department stores carry a section for funny holiday sweaters.
- Sexy Santa: Sexy Santa can be anything from a little red dress to an actual costume. Maybe even a cute elf?
- Flashback to Prom Night: Flashback to Prom Night is exactly that. Adorn your old prom dress or hit up the local thrift shop to find the most gaudy dress possible. Have an old bridesmaid dress you’ve been stuck wearing in the past? It’s time to dust it off and head out on the town for your girlfriend’s gift exchange.
Find a public location to host your gift exchange provides less hassle. No need to decorate or cleanup afterwards. Everyone can meet for lunch or dinner, then head out their separate ways after a couple of hours of fun. Bonefish Grill is actually open for lunch until the new year, and it is the perfect spot to host your holiday get together! Find out what their specials are online, and enjoy a cocktail too!
Do you host gift exchanges?
Rustic Chic Christmas Decor Guide
Download Rustic Christmas Decor Ideas for creative inspiration for your holiday home decor. These home ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Beach, Bait, and Bliss: Your Florida Weekend Getaway Awaits - October 18, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Stay Healthy on the Go - October 17, 2017
- Spicy Garlic Tempura Shrimp - October 16, 2017