This vegetarian Irish nachos recipe was sponsored, but all opinions are my own!
I can’t deny my love of bar food. Enjoying a cold draft beer with cheap appetizers is not a bad way to spend a happy hour. One of my favorite restaurants back in my hometown had this deliciously spicy Irish nachos dish. Topped with sour cream, seasoned ground beef, and cheese, kettle cooked chips get a fun makeover! To create my own version, I went meatless. Beyond Meat is creating The Future of Protein. They bypass the animal altogether and make delicious products like chicken strips, meatballs, and beef crumbles directly from plants. I knew it would be the perfect topping for this snack.
To get started, I secretly substituted at Beyond Meat product into our everyday dinner. I wanted to see if my family would notice a difference, and I was totally surprised!
I had Beyond Meat products in beef crumbles, southwest style tenders, and meatballs.
Beyond Chicken™ Strips’ have deliciously-crisp, whole-wheat breading. You can use them for salads, dipping, or a protein-packed main dish. It is a clean protein from soy and pea, and there is as much protein as chicken (13g/serving).
However, I knew these feisty crumbles would be AWESOME for these nachos! Beyond Beef Crumbles™ offers taste, texture, and nutrition, and it is the only soy-free & gluten-free crumble on the market today.
You can prepare the crumbles in the microwave or in a skillet, and that is why the cook time for this dish is seriously minutes! Don’t worry about wasting time in the kitchen, and you can prepare a big batch for a party of a tailgate.
- 1 bag of kettle cooked chips, any variety
- 1 pound of ground beef or Beyond Meat Beef Crumbles
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Ranch dressing
- Prepare ground beef or Beyond Meat according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle beef crumbles atop a plate of kettle cooked chips.
- Add additional toppings, like sour cream or cheese, as desired.
- Create a spicy sriracha ranch dressing by coming 4 tsp of sriracha and 2 tbsp of ranch. Mix together in a small bowl and lightly drizzle atop your nachos.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Beyond Meat’s 100% plant-based products enable families to continue to eat what they love—like beef nachos, chili, pasta Bolognese, chicken fajitas, and meatball subs—without the health and other downsides of animal protein. My family didn’t notice any difference in this protein option, in fact, they enjoyed the spicy flavor and texture. It tasted just LIKE my favorite bar food appetizer! There was no difference, and I could make it myself in just minutes (at a fraction of the cost!).
What’s your favorite bar food appetizer?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019