At almost every point in your life, you have a few goals you would like to achieve. They may be small, like saving money to buy a new appliance, or they can be huge such as a new career, buying a new home, or getting healthier. Every goal can be run through the same four steps to ensure you reach them. Read on to find out what these steps are, so you aren’t finding yourself pining away for a dream you think can never happen!
1. Jot down your goals – and specific! It isn’t enough to say, “I want to lose weight” or “I want a better job”. You must be specific so that your goal is measurable and you can create a plan to achieve it. It is much better to say “I want to lose 30 pounds by my birthday” or “I want to become a teacher”. Knowing your specific goals gives you drive, and an end point to strive for.
2. Break your goal into chunks you can accomplish. Rome wasn’t built in a day! It is likely you won’t be able to reach your goals in a single day either. And looking at the big picture can be very daunting when you are still at square one.
Rather than overwhelm yourself, break your goals down into bite-sized pieces that you can achieve as you work hard. This positive progress keeps you motivated to reach your ultimate goal – the end point. So, rather than wanting to lose 30 pounds, focus on losing 5 pounds in the next 30 days.
3. Review your goals every single day. To keep yourself on track to reaching your goals, you must think about them every day. It’s most helpful to review your list of goals when you wake up each morning, to set the day off right. Visualize what life will be like when you’ve accomplished your goals. This trains your brain to want to do whatever it takes to achieve your dreams.
4. Avoid getting discouraged. Some goals take time to obtain. Others take a ton of blood, sweat, and tears to achieve. No matter what your goals are, focus on the progress and stay optimistic. Tells others about your goals so they can cheer you on and remind you to stay on track when you feel it is getting tough. Remind yourself of the mini- goals you’ve already reached, pushing yourself to continue working toward your end point.
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019
- OREO Dessert Idea - February 14, 2019