This is a sponsored conversation. All opinions about saving money on baby shopping are my own!
There are too many baby products, too many baby books, and too many blogs telling you what to buy a new parent. In fact, I’ve even shared a few blog posts about baby gifts and what we used during my son’s first few months. When I was pregnant, I wasn’t even sure what types of baby gear I wanted. My registry was full of things I read somewhere or thought I needed. I returned way too many items after my son’s birth, and I have learned my lesson. Just because you read it online or in a baby book does NOT mean your particular family will use it. I’m also a minimalist by nature (believe it or not). I didn’t need 100 receiving blankets or burp cloths. I honestly can’t even remember a time I used a burp cloth with my son. I even skipped that whole diaper bag thing (I just use whatever bag I’m carrying).
Since my son is almost two, I’m here to tell you just what and WHERE we shop for all the essentials. It’s a lot cheaper to buy in bulk, and it certainly saves the headache of trying to pile in the car to head to grab extra diapers, wipes, or snacks. Here’s my ultimate Sam’s Club baby shopping list to coincide with their Baby Days!
1. Diapers. Well, obviously these don’t last longer than one diaper change, but diapers are the BEST gift for any new parent. Think ahead and buy multiple sizes. I know it’s nice to receive a TON of newborn sized diapers so the new parents don’t have to run out to buy some, but my son was barely in newborn diapers. Size one diapers are just as necessary (so are size two, three, and even four!). While it has taken nearly two years to reach size five, a diaper stockpile is never a bad thing. Pampers Swaddlers OR Cruisers
2. Dreft Laundry Detergent. Get started on those onesies early! I did all my son’s laundry before he was even born. We always used Dreft just because it was highly recommended. At Sam’s Club, the size and price is just right.
3. Pampers Sensitive Wipes. You will literally use these for more than just diaper changes. I find myself STILL using Pampers Wipes for just about everything from runny noses to finger paint.
4. Books. Lots and lots of books. You would be surprised how many books end up torn, wet, or downright disgusting with a baby. We have gone through several editions of his favorites, but the thick board books have held on this long. Our son loves to turn the pages of the books and point to the various characters and animals. He has a thing for birds, ducks, and DOGS. Bring on the furry board boards! The ones with textures and materials are his favorite.
5. Yogurt pouches. His absolute favorite snack! Easy to take on the go, and they fit in my bag nicely.
Other items you can buy in bulk at Sam’s Club:
- Baby clothing
- Bounty Paper Towels
- Charmin Bath Tissue
- fresh food