This conversation was sponsored, but all opinions are my own!
I’ve mentioned a few times this week how the back to school season is one of my favorites. We get the chance to “start over” essentially with a new planner, a new school schedule, and our children are back to their regular routines. While it is also a time of growing pains (early morning wake up calls and homework!), this time is so special for many families. While we work on meeting new teachers and learning new things, reading is so important this time of year too. If you need ideas to encourage your child to read, keep scrolling! There’s also a $300 giveaway available to enter!
- Make it fun. Read stories in silly voices or conquer a chapter book together. Some of my favorite children’s novels were chapter books read aloud by a teacher growing up. I have fond memories of those stories!
- Let them pick out what they want to read. My son is only three and already knows what he wants to read. He picks bright and colorful books with animals. I’m happy to get them for him to show him how important reading is.
- Use rewards. Create a chart to monitor reading. When you earn a certain amount of stickers or reach a milestone, celebrate!
- Make it a daily habit. Read ten pages at night or finish an entire children’s book before bed. Set attainable goals to encourage your child to reach that mark!
- Create your own bookmarks. Save your place in style! Download this inspirational and fun bookmarks online.
Click on any of the links below to download the full-size PDFs that can be printed on 8.5″x11″ paper or cardstock. Cut along the dotted lines, and use your bookmarks anywhere! They also have a cute collection of lunchbox notes.
Surprise your favorite reader with a cute lunchbox note to celebrate their success at school.
Get Organized for Back to School
Receive a back to school guide with simple recipes, printables, and organizational ideas for the back to school season.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019