The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
There’s something about a wedding registry that turns every bride-to-be into a little girl, writing her wish list to Santa. We go wild, asking our guests to fill our homes with beautiful, often impractical things, typically, at a high price. But let’s be honest: How many times do you think you’ll use that fine china? Do you really plan on tackling the Thanksgiving bird in the next five years? No? Then what’s with the roasting pan?!
I wish I would have known about registering with Best Buy when I was in your shoes! Think about the possibilities, beyond just lap tops. Before you write off the big ticket items, like appliances, check this out: Best Buy offers Group Gifting, which allows guests to contribute any amount toward a gift over $200. They choose the amount and you receive an e-gift card to help you purchase the item. So dream big! You’ll also save 10% on any gifts you didn’t receive on your big day. Winning!
Without further ado, here are my top five registry items from Best Buy (Oh, if I could have a do-over!):
1) GoPro Hero 4 Silver Action Camera– You’ll score brownie points with your husband for this one. But seriously, this camera takes photos and videos, while being convenient enough to take with you on all of your adventures. Plus, it has waterproof housing so you can bring it to the beach, out in the rain or in the snow!
2) LG- 50” LED Smart HDTV– Once you go smart TV, you never go back! You’ll be able to access your Netflix and Hulu Plus accounts at the touch of a button, not to mention it has a full web browser built in. While you’re just starting out as a couple, you probably won’t be running out to buy a big screen TV, so why not register for it? It’s a luxury item you’ll actually use daily.
3) Dyson- Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy Bagless Upright Vacuum– I have a dog, a cat, and a husband with allergies! I vacuum on a regular basis to combat this (and because I don’t want company secretly thinking my house smells like pets). This vacuum looks light-weight, easy-to-use, and it’s received really positive reviews.
4) GE RightHeight High Efficiency Washer & Electric Dryer in….wait for it…RUBY RED! – Go ahead and make fun of me for getting excited about appliances, but when your ratty, old washer finally bites the dust and you find yourself having to finance something basic just to get you by, you’ll be dreaming of a beautiful, red washer, too! This dynamic duo isn’t just a pretty face, though. It boasts noise reduction, energy efficiency and state-of-the-art technology.
5) Insignia 10-Sheet Microcut Shredder– I know, I know. This one is super romantic, but you’re a grown up couple trying to establish very grown up credit. Do you really want to spend money out of your own paycheck on one of these? This machine shreds CDs, DVDs and credit cards, in addition to 10 sheets of paper at a time. And, it’s on wheels! It will make a tedious chore a lot easier.
With the Best Buy Wedding Registry, all gifts ship for free, with no minimum purchase! Should you decide that you got a little ahead of yourself, don’t stress. Best Buy offers extended returns and exchanges for registry items. Rethink that gravy boat and find a registry that will give you and your new hubby things you’ll actually use (and don’t want to buy yourself)!
[amazon-related-products keywords=”wedding gifts”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.