This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
Even though I live in Florida, I can’t get enough of the beach. Sand, surf, and beautiful sunsets are kind of my favorite. I am inspired by the turquoise colors of the ocean, the driftwood that washes up on the shore, and I love the salty sea air. When I was upgrading my home for the summer with new decor, I thought about how to infuse my favorite colors and textures. I knew that I needed more blue, and I stumbled upon an old vase. I thought that this would be a simple project to make, and it would add color to my otherwise drab decor.
This sea glass vase was inspired by the upcoming American Home™ by Yankee Candle® collection, available at Walmart on August 1st. It will offer affordable fragrance solutions from Yankee Candle for the home.
The sea glass DIY project is inspired by these beautiful 19 ounce large apothecary jar candles. In particular, this peaceful beach fragrance which is a relaxing mix of cypress, incense, and eucalyptus. It reminds me of a cozy day at the beach cottage when I was growing up in Florida. These candles are $14.93, and they are premium-grade paraffin wax.
Another fragrance that will bring the beach to your home is Sunny Sands. It is a bright, fresh scent that mixes citrus and fruit with floral. This is the kind of fragrance I like to use in the mornings since it is energizing! You can find these products in your local Walmart store in the home, auto, and air fragrance sections.
Once your home is outfitted with the right beachy fragrances, you can add a punch of color with this sea glass vase. Here is how to get started:
- Glass vase (try using one you already have!)
- ¼ cup white craft glue
- 2-3 drops blue food coloring
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- Small sponge crafting brush
- Add 1/4 cup of glue to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in one drop of the food colorings and mix. Do this gradually, one drop at a time, until you get the color that you want. You want a sea green color.
- You can test the color by swiping it on a clear glass surface to see what color it is. It will wash off with soap and water.
- Use the sponge to wipe the newly colored glue inside the glass. Pro tip: If you plan on using the vase with water, you will want to paint OUTSIDE instead.
- Apply two coats. Let dry between applications.
- Once the glue has dried, a beautiful matte finish will appear.
The finished product complements the new American Home™ by Yankee Candle® fragrances, and you now will have a beautiful beachy home. Invite the scents of the Florida beaches into your home! You won’t regret it.
What’s your favorite fragrance? Do you like sea glass decor?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”beach home decor”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019