This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
There is nothing better than a spicy seafood taco on a warm summer afternoon! Well, I take that back. Any dish can have some extra flavor on the grill. For this recipe, I reeled in my husband to take the reins on the smoker to create flavorful seafood that was made spicy with El Yucateco Hot Sauce.
To create this recipe, I stopped by my local Publix for fresh fish and hot sauce!
I found El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce,El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce, and El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) in that ethnic section of my local store. All of these sauces were instrumental in creating this tasty tacos, and I’m going to show you how I did it.
First off, let’s get to know these sauces. The El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce is made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. I use this sauce as my everyday hot sauce to add an extra kick to my dishes. The El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce is made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings. It’s a little spicier than the red habanero but has far less vinegar then the average hot sauce. I use the green sauce in this recipe for the hot slaw. It’s amazing!
The third hot sauce is the El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik). This sauce is made from habaneros and is El Yucateco’s hottest sauce measuring approx. 12,000 on the Scoville scale. It’s not too hot that you can’t use it all the time. I used it to marinate the seafood in today’s taco recipe! As you can see above, we used the smoker section of our grill to prepare shark. You could substitute cobia or swordfish for a similar flavor and texture if you can’t find shark.
While the shark was grilling, I prepared hot slaw. A true fish taco has cabbage instead of lettuce as a topping, and I wanted to make a spicy version of this traditional topping. I used cabbage, an onion, and jalapeños and sautéed them in a pan with El Yucateco.
Cook until the cabbage is warm but still a little bit crispy. You can also add bacon and salt if you’d like!
When the onions and jalapeños are cooked together with the cabbage, make sure to stir in at least two tablespoons of El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce.
When your fish is finished, let it cool and chop into small chunks.
Warm tortillas on the grill while it is still hot to make them almost crispy.
Let your family or your party guests create their own tacos, and encourage them to try their crisp tortillas with warm seafood, spicy slaw, and a dash of sour cream and cheese!
There’s nothing better than a taco that was marinated in the flavors of El Yucateco hot sauce and topped with a spicy hot slaw! Want to try another variation?
Try fish, cheese, diced tomatoes, and red sauce.
No matter how you top it, don’t forget the marinade. Your fish will be a lot more flavorful when you the El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) to marinade it. Grab the full recipe below, and feel free to add your favorite flavors and spices to create an amazing taco dish.
- 4 fish filets, preferably shark or cobia
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik)
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- [b]Hot Slaw Ingredients:[/b]
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce
- [b]Taco Topping Suggestions:[/b]
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Marinade fish or shark in a large dish with lemon juice, salt, and about 2 tbsp of El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik). If you don't like it spicy, add less. If you like it really hot, add more! While fish is marinating, start the grill.
- Add fish to the grill, preferably in a grill basket to cook easily, and let it smoke.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the hot slaw. Combine the onion and jalapeños in a large skillet. Cook for about four minutes before adding the diced cabbage.
- Stir the slaw and add El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce. Slaw should be slightly crisp.
- When the fish is fully cooked, remove from grill.
- Add tortilla shells to the grill while warm. Allow to cook for a few minutes on each side until grill marks appear.
- Create tacos with chopped fish, hot slaw, and add additional toppings as desired.
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.