I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for P&G. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
I love to do laundry, but I absolutely hate folding and hanging clothes. I’m also pretty sure that my toddler has more clothes than my husband and I combined. I actually just did an entire closet purge where I donated eight garbage bags to a local shelter, so hopefully my total time spent doing laundry isn’t so long. One thing that I also have to consider when sorting laundry is just WHO exactly is going to be wearing these clothes when they’re clean. You see, my toddler has super sensitive skin. We have to be careful to not use fabric softener or dryer sheets on his clothes. Luckily, I was able to try out a few new laundry products that will make our days a lot easier! Keep reading for a few ideas to do laundry in a hurry.
1. Carry a stain stick in your purse. Stop every stain before it has time to set and you will save washing clothes two or three times to remove stubborn stains. I also keep a stick and a spray hanging above the washer to hit items again before washing.
2. Do one load start to finish every day. Wash, dry, fold, put away. This will keep your pile manageable and prevent you from getting overwhelmed when laundry day rolls around. Treat yourself by catching a few minutes of your favorite show or listen to a podcast while you do laundry. This is the one tip I have the most trouble with. I know that it’s a smart idea, but I seem to run out of time. I wish I could do laundry every day!
3. Put a laundry basket in every bedroom. Enforce using it so you won’t be stuck digging uniform shirts shoved under the bed the night before you need them. If you have a roomy enough bathroom, put one in there as well so items can be tossed right in before hopping into the tub.
4. Enlist everyone to help. On laundry day have everyone carry their separate whites, darks, and towels. Little ones can also fold towels and pair socks to make the work load lighter. On your big laundry day call baskets to the laundry room, start piles to sort so that even toddlers can help! Everyone can pitch in to do 15 minutes. If you have a few people in your family, it would take minutes instead of hours!
5. Make your space pretty. Even if your washer and dryer are in a closet behind folding doors, you can still paint the visible walls, hang a picture or two and put laundry soap, fabric softener, and other supplies in pretty glass jars to make the space softer. If you have a larger laundry room, consider a chandelier, a radio, and artwork. Having a pretty area will make the job less tedious. Keep a colorful mason jar handy to toss items in when you clean out pockets too!
6. Skip the washer. Some items do not need to be washed every time you wear them like jackets, dresses, or even jeans if you only wear them for an hour or two. If there is no visible soil, hang them up as soon as you get home and wear them several times to cut down a good portion of your laundry pile.
7. Buy wash and wear. Make it easier right from the get go by purchasing clothing items that can be tossed in the washer, then dryer, and come out not needing to be ironed. Talk about a time saver!
If you’re anything like my son, you also know it’s important to have the right detergents and fabric softeners. P&G Free & Gentle products provide sensitive skin sufferers a hypoallergenic, dye and perfume free routine while still being effective. Tide, Downy, and Bounce can create an easy and sensitive skin friendly laundry routine! Nearly half of adults in the US have sensitive skin, so I know we are not the only household who has to sort our laundry carefully and wash accordingly.
- Tide Free & Gentle Detergent / TideStain Release Free In-Wash Booster: Mild on skin as the leading free detergent, cleans better, and removes more residue from stains.
- Downy Free & Gentle Fabric Softener: Provides outstanding comfort and freshness through its softening formula while remaining mild on skin.
- Bounce Free & Gentle Dryer Sheets: Provides freshness, softness, static control and even repels pet hair while maintaining a mild formula for ones skin.
What’s your best laundry tip?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Relax When You Constantly Feel Overwhelmed - November 22, 2017
- Save time and stock up on snacks on Amazon: Try Happy Kids Fruit and Oats Bars! - November 18, 2017
- Podcasts For Bloggers - November 17, 2017