This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stearns Puddle Jumpers®. All opinions are 100% mine.
With Memorial Day right around the corner, many are prepping their homes for backyard BBQs and pool parties. While we may not have any grand plans for the holiday, we did manage to squeeze in a family pool party last Sunday. The weather was just right, and the pool was finally warm enough to jump in! Sometimes the best parties require little to no planning and a whole lot of spontaneity. I do admit I spend a lot of time getting caught up on the details when I have guests over, but when it’s a backyard pool party, sometimes having no plan is best!
Our toddler is actually old enough to now really enjoy the summer season. Though, he isn’t a strong swimmer quite yet. Luckily we found StearnsFlotation.com to help us with that! Stearns Flotation is an outdoor water equipment expert, specializing in manufacturing products such as life jackets, water ski belts, and plastic boat interiors.
Puddle Jumpers are unlike regular life jackets and are uniquely designed to enable increased mobility for children when swimming, as well ensuring full safety. They are coastguard approved and come in a variety of colorful and eye catching designs that appeal to all children.
They are perfect for 30 – 50 pounds, and my toddler fits right in there. We found it to go on snug but is comfortable, and it is super soft. The fun shark print was his favorite part of course!
If you are hosting a pool party soon, here are a few tips that I can pass along to help make your next backyard soiree a success. Whether you have a pool or just a yard, never underestimate the power of a sprinkler and a bottle of bubbles.
5 Tips to Host a Pool Party
1. Pack the ultimate bag. Whether you’re a mother and need to pack for several or you just need to pack a bag for yourself, the best days at the pool or the beach are when you’re prepared. As a native Floridian, beach bags live in my trunk and there are always towels on the seats. I’ve learned to keep a few poolside essentials with me at all times, because you never know where the sunshine will take you. For your pool party, make sure you have an inventory of all the necessary essentials.
- Beach towel
- Bath toys (Genius! Bath toys in the pool… I didn’t really think of that before!)
- Puddle Jumpers
- Sippy Cups
2. Add a sprinkler. Whether you add a little water play inside or outside the pool is up to you, but this splash of cool water was very refreshing! Our son loved it. It’s a waterfall of fun, of course!
3. Serve fresh fruit. Set up a fresh fruit bar at your party with melon, pineapple, oranges, and bananas. The cool fruit is a nice treat for a warm day.
4. Craft a mocktail. No party is complete without a bubbly drink! Try combining a lemon-lime soda with your favorite juice for some fizzy fun!
5. Have fun! Add in a waterproof camera to capture sweet memories.
What are your pool party tips?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.