I’ve been exploring the benefits of essential oils and using them in these essential oil crafts and recipes lately, and I am loving the possibilities! From easy cleaning supplies to sparkling fruity water, there are so many options to use my favorite essential oils. One of my favorites, lemon, came with my starter kit. I am trying to find ways to use it every day, and these lemon essential oil melts are so much fun to make and use. Give them a try!
- A miniature ice cube tray (or a regular one if you don’t have one!)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of corn starch
- A spoon and a mixing bowl
- 5-7 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Red and yellow food coloring, optional*
- Place the corn starch and lemon essential oil in a bowl and mix well. It will look like the photo above during this step.
- You can now add in a few drops of both the yellow and the red food coloring if you so desire. Continue to stir. The cubes will become a nice a citrus color, and the red adds a bright color that the yellow can’t create on its own. You may not notice color at first. Continue through the steps to reveal a bright yellow hue!
- Slowly add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix as the colors disperse and you notice that clumps are forming. You should know that this amount of water is not enough so be sure to follow through the rest of the steps!
- Add a few drops of water continuously while mixing well. When a thick paste has been created, transfer the mixture to the ice cube tray. Smooth the mixture flat in each ice cube section.
- Freeze the contents until the mixture is set (usually about an hour!). You now can enjoy your lemon essential oil shower melts.
To use your new shower melts, just place the melt on the floor of the shower and turn the hot water on! The water and steam will hit the lemon shower melt, and it will break down to diffuse the citrus aroma into the air. It’s certainly refreshing!
Pro tip: If you didn’t use too much water in the mixture, the melts do not have to stay frozen. You can place them in a jar and store them in a cool and dry place!
I need to make these with peppermint ASAP! Peppermint would be a nice way to wake up in the morning!
Learn more about my crafts + recipes that use essential oils.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”essential oils”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.