This shop, which features a fun confetti and cupcakes party, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KidsChoiceDrink #CollectiveBias
We celebrated the Kids’ Choice Awards this past weekend with a bit of frosting and fun! I shared my plans for the perfect Kids’ Choice Awards Party last month, and now I can share how some of those ideas came to life! With a bit of confetti, a few sweet desserts, and a popcorn bar, this was a messy family party that everyone enjoyed. With lots of Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters and a watch party that was the perfect kick off for spring, it’s a fun party idea that will inspire you to throw one too!
Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters is the official drink sponsor of the Kids’ Choice Awards that aired on Saturday, March 28th. The kids in the neighborhood loved this idea for a party, and it was a colorful way to do something to celebrate an awards show. For a party with extra sparkle, try these ideas!
1. Cupcakes. Set up a cupcake decorating station. We used chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with colorful frosting. We had blue, yellow, and pink frosting for spring. I also had sprinkles, chocolate chips, and colorful plastic toys to decorate with.
I let the kids serve themselves and decorate their own cupcakes. It got a little messy, but no one seemed to mind!
2. Serve a silly side. When I host children’s parties, I try to make easy ideas that have an “unbelievable” aspect to them. Something that you might not necessarily be able to purchase at the store, but it’s simple enough to make on your own!
Serving popcorn at parties is a fun way to feed everyone on a budget, and it goes along quite nicely with a celebrity awards show! For this cotton candy popcorn, I did a few things. I first set up a popcorn buffet with sprinkles, chocolate chips, candy, and other toppings. I also had bags of cotton candy to use!
To make your own party popcorn, follow along with this quick recipe!
- 12 cups of popped kettle corn or any other kind of popcorn
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sprinkles
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 packages of cotton candy (look in the candy aisle!)
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave for about a minute or so. Check every thirty seconds to stir!
- Pour chocolate over half of the popcorn, tossing gently to coat. Top with sprinkles.
- Let cool.
- Combine the other half of the popcorn together.
- Add a tablespoon of cotton candy, additional chocolate chips, and any other toppings as desired.
- Serve + enjoy!
There are so many ways you could make this popcorn, but I love melting white chocolate to toss popcorn in! You can add sprinkles during that step so that your sprinkles attach to the popcorn. You can also set up a popcorn bar (like I did for this party!) where guests can mix and match their toppings.
How do you top your popcorn?
3. Set up a confetti photo booth. Want to make everyone laugh and make a big mess? Try a confetti photo booth! I love the idea of confetti photographs, and I’ve seen a bunch of them online. I decided to give it a try myself with an outdoor photo booth. I suggest setting down a sheet of kraft paper or a table cloth on the ground so all the confetti can stay in one place!
With a careful eye and a steady hand on the camera, you can take confetti photographs too! It fit in with our confetti and cupcake theme, and I can’t imagine having a party without taking silly photos! All you need is a camera, a ton of confetti, and an area to set up shop. You can add a backdrop or set up the camera on a tripod with a timer too!
4. Create a confetti craft. After appetizers and fun photographs outside, we moved the party inside to enjoy the Kids’ Choice Awards. What did we do on commercial breaks?
It’s an easy craft for party guests of all ages. Here’s how to get started:
- Unfinished wood photo frames
- Colorful plastic confetti
- Modpodge or some kind of adhesive for the wood frame
Cover the wood frame with a thin layer of modpodge. Sprinkle confetti liberally and press down to hold! Let dry and enjoy your masterpiece!
I also gifted guests glittery favor bags filled with extra confetti. You know, in case you need more confetti… :)
5. Don’t forget the drinks!
With Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters, it’s an easy party drink! Toss a few in a cooler with ice for outdoor activities before heading inside to enjoy the show! It’s a Lightly fruit-flavored water beverage with No Artificial Colors or Flavors, and only 30 calories.
I found them at my local Walmart right in the juice aisle.
I’ve shared our excitement about Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters and the Kids’ Choice Awards. I’d love to hear thoughts about hosting the perfect watch party!
How do you add a little something extra to your family get togethers or parties?
Do you love confetti and cupcakes as much as I do?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Relax When You Constantly Feel Overwhelmed - November 22, 2017
- Save time and stock up on snacks on Amazon: Try Happy Kids Fruit and Oats Bars! - November 18, 2017
- Podcasts For Bloggers - November 17, 2017