This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Mexican food is my favorite type of cuisine. I love everything from tacos to nachos and all the delicious salsas in between! Every once in a while I host a party at my home with a delicious DIY buffet. Last year we had a taco bar for Cinco de Mayo complete with a piñata to play with! Though not every party has to be time-consuming or difficult. This year I’ve already created my menu for our Cinco de Mayo party with Delimex appetizers and simple dips.
Delimex Mexican options are the perfect simple dish to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Delimex has tasty recipes that offer convenient meals which saves you time in the kitchen and in your party planning!
I found a wide variety of Delimex products in the large freezer case at my local Walmart. From taquitos, tacos, and tamales, there were so many flavors to choose from!
I ended up deciding on both the Beef & Cheddar Rolled Tacos and White Meat Chicken Taquitos. YUM!
Though a proper taco bar is more than just a few tacos and taquitos! Add a bit of spice to your party with two simple salsas!
From the fire roasted corn salsa to the cheesy tomato salsa, each offers a bit of flavor that is perfect for a Mexican soiree!
Fire Roasted Corn Salsa
- 2-4 ears of fresh corn (*or, if you’re in a hurry, look for frozen fire roasted corn in the freezer department. You could just cook it and add these ingredients to taste*)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tomatos, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Season your corn with olive oil and salt and pepper. Fire up your grill and cook for about two minutes on all sides. Remove and let cool.
- Remove the kernels from the cob.
- Combine the tomatoes, corn, peppers, cilantro, peppers, and lime and lemon juices.
If you love to make your own salsa like me, you might know of a few short cuts! You could use frozen corn and peppers instead or use canned tomatoes. I find that the flavor is still delicious no matter how you make it. Both of the Delimex products taste awesome with this appetizer. If you’re more into cheesy dips, you’re going to want to try this one!
The dash of sriracha in the cheesy dip is a great complement to the flavor of these chicken taquitos.
Or, the fire roasted corn salsa is the dip for you!
Are you planning a Cinco de Mayo party? What’s your favorite Cinco de Mayo appetizer?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”cinco de mayo”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- $200 Target Gift Card Giveaway - March 23, 2018
- How to Stay on Track - March 23, 2018
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018