What is cool about Gulf County is that there are two time zones, two stoplights, and spotty wi-fi. It truly is a destination to unplug and relax. An ideal family vacation! Want to see more? Read up on the Gulf County Adventure Guide.
My favorite place in Gulf County is the pet beach, Cape San Blas. Since I have two large furry friends, I long to take them on vacation with us! Most destinations don’t have as many pet-friendly options, but GCFL seems to be on target. Beaches in GCFL are consistently ranked in the top ten in the US for places to bring your pet on vacation. Leashed pets are welcome on the beach at all times, and most rental homes in the area welcome furry friends!
Other ideas for getaways:
- Kayak Through the Dead Lakes
- The Dead Lakes get their name from the Cypress and Tupelo trees that stand in the water. When the water is low, you can see the stumps rising out of the swamp. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before. People don’t know what you’re talking about and then they have an “aha” moment when they paddle around the shallows in the South Flats. The stumps are so concentrated; it’s like being on another planet. If you go out early in the morning in April, the birds are all coming into nest and other critters are just showing up. The fog comes off the water. It’s very still, where you feel like you’re in the wilderness.
- Wake up early to watch the Dolphin Parade
- A family happened to be up early one day and they saw a pod of dolphins playing and chasing a school of fish. They were so close to shore, they could see them from the deck that day. After that, they got up early so they could walk down and see them from the beach. They loved the “dolphin parade” and watched them swim by every day.
- Adventure out to a different beach every day
- Take your family out to a different beach every day and try out a new adventure. Whether it’s scalloping in the Bay, shelling at the tip of the Cape, or fishing by Indian Pass.
This quiet, laidback Florida county is a place I find myself enjoying most. The serene seaside shores, the uncrowded town, and the fun atmosphere make this a vacation that I look forward to.
What’s your favorite activity to do in Florida?Do you like to kayak, explore the beaches, or go paddleboarding? Use these 5 Money Saving Travel Tips before your next trip.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Unicorn Party Ideas: Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe - August 24, 2019
- 7 Ways to Save Money on Groceries at Target - August 22, 2019
- Grilled Caprese Burgers - August 20, 2019