How do you unwind with friends and family? We have always turned to cards or games, and now we can combine our favorite family game with the convenience of technology on our Xbox 360. Monopoly Plus brings the world’s favorite family gaming brand to a new level with the original 2D MONOPOLY board as well as a colorful and lively animated 3D version that evolves as you progress in the game. MONOPOLY Plus lets players choose their favorite ‘House Rules’ to customize gameplay. Up to six players will be able to enjoy MONOPOLY Plus online or offline.
It’s the perfect way to host a game night party.
The Set Up
Decorate with paper money and coins for a $$ Big Spender $$ theme. I used blue and green for everything since I wanted to focus on the prime real estate of Monopoly: Boardwalk and Park Place. Serve a colorful punch (either non-alcoholic or with a bit of a kick to it!) and offer bite sized appetizers like sliders. Small plates are perfect for a family game night, and serving everything buffet style makes it easy to eat AND play.
Popcorn is a must of any game night in our house, but I also served a few prepared appetizers. The sliders were mini pretzel buns with burgers and bacon, while these Lemon Pepper Chicken Bites were amazing!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Bites
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 slices of bacon
- Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl and coat chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Remove bacon from package and cut strips down the middle long ways.
- Roll each marinated chicken chunk in half a strip of bacon and place on a skewer or toothpick.
- You can grill these or broil them in the oven at 450 degrees for at least 15 minutes. I usually cook the chicken in a skillet for about 5 -7 minutes on medium heat before transferring them to the oven to cook the rest of the way.
Park Place Punch
You can serve blue fruit punch from your grocery store or combine lemon lime soda with blue curacao and white rum for a more adult beverage. Serve with a striped straw and enjoy!
The Hasbro Game Channel is a destination for family game entertainment on leading consoles, featuring games based on Hasbro’s most popular brands, including MONOPOLY, RISK and TRIVIAL PURSUIT. Starting this fall, the Hasbro Game Channel will be available to download on Xbox One, video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. All games will also be available for download individually on the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
- The first three brands available on the Hasbro Game Channel will be MONOPOLY, RISK and TRIVIAL PURSUIT, and will offer players a brand-new way to experience these classic brands.
- RISK – Strategy fans will venture into stimulating modern warfare combat with RISK. Keeping the authenticity of the 2010 rules as the standard, RISK offers a new strategic experience with a familiar map layout optimized with modern armies, 3D tactical battlefields, configurable win conditions and rule variants. Online league play will allow players to compete with people from around the world.
- TRIVIAL PURSUIT Live! – Trivia fans can test their wits in this new take on the world’s most well-known trivia game. TRIVIAL PURSUIT Live! transforms the classic experience into a TV-show setting with reinvented question formats, customizable game lengths and a variety of game rounds and rules to keep players guessing.
Stay tuned for my next game night party with Trivial Pursuit!
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018
- A Guide to the Plastics in Your Home | Green Enough Book Review - March 20, 2018
- How to Stay Active With Your Pets - March 20, 2018