I love finding new ways to celebrate everyday. From birthdays to weekend parties, I enjoy creating fun themes to share with guests. One “holiday” that I never paid any attention to before I had children was Dr. Seuss Day. I loved those books just as much as the next kid growing up, but now I have a child to share them with. The delight I feel from reading these classics with my little man is a wonderful feeling. I know that he will grow to appreciate Dr. Seuss even more as he gets older, and so Dr. Seuss Day is now on my radar.
Whether you celebrate the day by reading a Dr. Seuss book, watching a movie based on the book, or by doing a fun DIY, there are so many ideas to celebrate this special day. I took one of Dr. Seuss’ ideas and re-created green eggs from Green Eggs and Ham…just with felt. And, since I have no idea how to sew, this is definitely no sew felt food!
This easy DIY is perfect for preschoolers who are playing pretend in their kitchens or playrooms. You might even have all the supplies in your craft closet already!
Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham No Sew Eggs
- Green felt
- Yellow felt
- Tissue paper
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Cut the base of your eggs from the green felt. Just freehand a very rough circle with a pencil, and then cut the shape out.
2. You can now create the yolks. Cut out smaller, more uniform circles from the yellow felt. Use a bottle cap as a stencil if you need to. Cut out.
3. Ball up some tissue to use as stuffing under the yolk. Place it at the center of the green egg.
4. Apply some hot glue around the edge of your yellow circle. Place the circle over the tissue paper and press down. Make sure the sides cover all of the tissue paper and hold it in place.
A simple craft to celebrate Dr. Seuss Day! How do you celebrate the holiday?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”dr seuss”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Make $160 Go Far | Florida Aquarium Membership - November 16, 2018
- Christmas Town at Busch Gardens - November 15, 2018
- Meatless Monday: Chorizo Sausage Nachos Recipe - November 12, 2018