This conversation is sponsored by Massage Envy Spa, but all opinions are my own! #PrehabMassageTherapy
There is nothing better than having an hour to yourself. As a busy working mother, sometimes I just want to lay down and enjoy the peace and quiet. No toddler, no dogs barking at every noise they hear, no cell phones. The idea of having this peaceful hour isn’t a myth. It CAN exist, and it does for me. I’m lucky enough to schedule a few trips in to Massage Envy Spa as my calendar allows, and I feel energized and more calm afterwards. Whether I’m dealing with stress of a physical ailment (such as a backache), I know that my trips to Massage Envy Spa are never in vain. Today I want to share with you ten reasons why you should try a massage if you haven’t yet (or friendly reminders why you should schedule a trip back!).
1. Stress. Long days, sleepless nights, and jam-packed schedules can effect our health and long-term wellness. I am always trying to “take a step back” to evaluate my calendar and manage my time effectively. One way to overcome my overwhelming feelings of stress is to book a massage. It’s a simple task that can clear my head and allow me the space to return to work motivated.
2. Improved sleep. I don’t know what it is, but I have a much better night’s sleep for at least a week after a massage. Perhaps it’s the stress relief that I mentioned previously, or massages have some kind of power to help you sleep better. The Huffington Post seems to think so.
3. Fight headaches. Those migraines that never seem to go away…I know you know what I’m talking about!
4. Prevent injury. Prehab is also an emerging trend proven to prevent injuries for individuals and athletes. It helps improve quality of life as well as decrease healthcare costs. That’s a major reason to schedule more frequent massages right there!
5. Reduce soreness. If one of your new year’s resolutions was to join the gym and you’ve been hitting the treadmill hard, reduce that muscle soreness with a regular massage. It will improve your mood too!
6. Improve circulation or flexibility. This is especially helpful for me since I’m always chasing around my child. I need to be able to stay moving and be able to bend and play!
7. Spend time with your spouse. There’s nothing better than a long lunch break and an afternoon massage. Book a couples massage and enjoy.
8. Use your flexible spending dollars or health insurance benefits. With a doctor’s note, you can use Massage Envy Spa to officially help you feel better.
9. Enjoy a “spa day” more than once a year. Spa days aren’t just for vacations. Snag a membership to Massage Envy Spa to go WAY more often. It’s the only way that I can afford to go so often.
10. Mommy “me” time. Because sometimes you just want an hour to yourself. That’s reason enough!
P.S. Massages also make great gifts for those who might want to try it out but wouldn’t go on their own.
You can gift them electronically too. Talk about a time saver!
If you’re unsure about a massage, hopefully those ideas will help motivate you to schedule some time for yourself. I usually just do the hour Swedish massage, but I’ve noticed they have a sugar foot massage too. Now that sounds AMAZING.
Read up on more health benefits of massage online.
How do you fit a massage into your busy life?