We just put up our Christmas tree yesterday! We might have started the decorating party a bit late, but we are now ready for Christmas! This year went by entirely too fast between work, conferences, my birthday weekend at Disney, and chasing around our toddler. I am so ready to welcome a new year with a fresh start, but before we celebrate 2015 it’s time to finalize Christmas preparations.
If you have too many wine corks and nowhere to put them, try making this simple ornament. Take a look below to see how you can craft your own wine cork wreath ornament, perfect for decorating your tree. Great for your own décor or to give as a gift, this wine cork wreath ornament can be whipped up in just minutes. In fact, you can use it as a fun little extra when you give out bottles of wine this year as gifts! Here is how you can get started:
- 2-3 wine corks
- Green craft paint, paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Ribbon for hanging
- Red felt
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Begin by cutting the wine corks into discs with a sharp serrated knife. You can get about 3-4 out of each cork depending on how fine you cut them.
- Add a generous dab of glue to the side of the disc. Press another disc to it to start creating the circle shape.
- Continue applying the glue to the discs and pressing them together until a full circle is formed. Allow the corks to dry.
- Once the circle is dry, you can begin painting your wreath. We used regular craft paint and dabbed it to the corks. Apply as many layers as you wish to get the color and coverage you wish.
- While the paint dries, create the felt bow for your wreath. Cut a small circle as well as two rounded triangles that can be formed into a bow.
- When your paint dried, apply the bow to the wreath with glue. Cut a length of ribbon and wrap it around the cork wreath for hanging.
Your wine cork wreath ornament is now ready to be displayed. Hang it from your tree or give it as a gift.
Wine Cork Card Holder
Wine Cork Mini Trees
[amazon-related-products keywords=”christmas decor”]