This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Whether it’s game day or a family get together, there is always a reason to bring an easy to eat appetizer. I usually don’t have a lot of free time spend in the kitchen, and I like to stay away from prepared take out options. This is why I love making my favorite foods as skewers, “bites,” or de-constructed in some way! While I love the taste of spicy pizzas, I don’t enjoy the heavy feeling from the pizza crust. Once I discovered I could take what I like about a pizza and serve it bite-sized, I never looked back! This pepperoni recipe idea is fun for any occasion.
These pepperoni Italian meatballs are easy to make, serve, and enjoy. With HORMEL® Pepperoni, Italian meatballs (that you can either buy cooked or prepare yourself), and a homemade pizza sauce for dipping, it’s a simple solution for everyday entertaining. You all know I love a good party, but sometimes the timing isn’t there. I love making these since it’s fast and fresh, and the combination of zesty pepperoni with Italian seasoning is definitely a crowd pleaser.
These easy to assemble skewers can be done in many ways. Whether you decide to make everything from scratch or use pre-made ingredients, it’s an easy appetizer to make.
You assemble each “bite” with a meatball surrounded (or covered with!) HORMEL® pepperoni slices. I also diced up a mozzarella cheese stick to add to each skewer.
The homemade sauce is a perfect dip and a must have addition to this dish. The flavors go together so well!
- 1 package of HORMEL® Pepperoni
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mozzarella cheese sticks, chopped
- Start making the pizza sauce by combining tomato sauce and tomato paste in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for an hour. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Prepare Italian meatballs according to package instructions or with the following directions.
- Mix all ingredients for Italian meatballs in a large bowl. Use your hands to roll meatballs about an inch in diameter. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- To prepare appetizers, use large skewers or toothpicks and add a meatball first. Cover with HORMEL® Pepperoni on each side of the meatball. Add cheese chunks to ends.
- Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Whether you opt for shortcuts or prepare everything yourself, it is still a great way to serve family favorites. Kids also LOVE dipping them!
How do you add spice to your everyday appetizers? Do you love pepperoni as much as I do?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019
- OREO Dessert Idea - February 14, 2019