While your little ones might not make it to the big ball drop in New York City, you can still bring the glitz and celebration to your home at any time of day. Ring in the new year earlier in the day, and set up fun craft ideas like this New Year’s Eve Playdough!
You can’t think of New Year’s Eve without thinking of Times Square. All of the lights, glitter, and glamour really make it feel like the New Year has arrived. If you can’t make it to watch the ball drop in Times Square this year, why not bring a little of the bling into your home instead? This Times Square New Year’s Eve play dough is perfect for getting in the spirit of the New Year. Here is how you can make your own!
Gold Glitter Slime
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of table salt
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- Silver, black, and gold glitter (We found a multi-pack of all three colors at our dollar store for just $1)
- Mixing bowl
- Begin by mixing the flour, salt, vegetable oil, and cream of tartar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in the water and continue to mix until dough forms.
- Knead the dough with your hands until it is soft and nonsticky. If it seems dry, add a little more oil. (Too sticky? Add a little more flour.)
- Form your dough into a bowl. Sprinkle it generously with the multi-colored glitter. Knead the glitter into the dough well.
- Your Times Square New Year’s Eve play dough is now ready to be enjoyed! Use it with cookie cutters or rolling pins, allowing kids to really get creative. When done, you can store it in an airtight container for as long as two weeks.
Gather your supplies and give this Times Square New Year’s Eve play dough a try!
Need another New Year’s Eve Idea for Kids?
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Find the Best Back-to-School Bargains - July 15, 2019
- The World Avatar at Animal Kingdom: What to Know Before You Go (2019 Edition) - July 12, 2019
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Kitchen’s Ambiance - July 12, 2019