Now that the weather is finally cooling off here in Florida, I’ve been making more soups and turning the oven on. My husband loves to make soup every year for the holidays, and this year I wanted to join him. To start a new holiday tradition, I decided to learn how to make my favorite soup. I always ordered baked potato soup when we are out at restaurants, but I’ve never tried it on my own. When I looked at Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes, they were SO easy to make. I knew I could make my own potato soup using an adapted recipe and giving it my own twist.
By using Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes, I saved time, money, and I didn’t have to worry about buying produce that would go bad. In less than thirty minutes I had warm, tasty soup! It was the perfect lunch dish, but it would be awesome for dinner too.
I prepared the soup in one pot, the potatoes in another, and I topped the dish off with cheddar cheese and bacon bits. I decided to use the Loaded Casserole flavor, but you could try this with any of the varieties including Au Gratin, Scalloped, Cheesy Scalloped, or even Cheddar Bacon. There are so many options to make this soup your own. It’s also good to know that Betty Crocker™ uses 100% real potatoes for the best flavor available.
- 1 package of Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk, heated
- 5 ounces shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Prepare Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes as package instructions indicate.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. When fully cooked, let
baconcool on a plate on top of paper towels. When cool, chop into tiny chunks.
- Pour the bacon grease into a large pot with the flour Stir to combine.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture while whisking to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often, about 10 minutes or so.
- Add the bacon chunk, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Top with Betty Crocker™ Casserole Potatoes.
Adapted from Food Network.
You can also add sour cream, chives, or whatever additional seasonings you think would make this soup your own!
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach - October 13, 2018
- Degusta Box Review: Stock Up on Snacks and Experiment in the Kitchen - October 13, 2018
- How to Save Time on Errands - October 13, 2018