It’s my favorite social network. I can’t get enough of Instagram! While some may not see the connection between growing your brand on Instagram and translating that into blog page views, I disagree. I find that my blogging presence is strengthened by my use of Instagram and the new bloggers I meet! So, I’m sharing a few quick Instagram tips to get you sharing photos of your everyday life.
1. Participate in photo challenges. There is no reason to not know what to post on any given day. There are TONS of photo challenges that you can join for bloggers, photographers, planner addicts, Kiki La Rue clothing fans, whatever. Use #photochallenge to try to find some online, or hop into November’s #BloggersGetSocial challenge. Don’t overthink it. If you miss a day, catch up later. Or, participate on days when you can. I see a lot of comments where people say they didn’t have a picture to share. Well, share when you can. Or, think ahead and take pictures beforehand. I take pictures ahead of time not just for my blog, but for my Instagram too. I save photos to share throughout the week if I know I’m going to be home and won’t have anything too exciting going on.
2. Use hashtags. You can use up to THIRTY hashtags a post! Use them. Don’t place them in your photo caption, but add them to the comments of an image. You can even wait a few hours after you’ve posted the image to give it an extra “boost.” Steer clear of hashtags like #instagram or #photography as Instagram thinks they are spammy, and you won’t appear in search. This has definitely happened to me a few times, and I couldn’t figure out why my images weren’t appearing under certain hashtags. As soon as I removed those from my photo, it worked fine.
3. Edit your Instagram bio. Use this space effectively! I have #BloggersGetSocial listed in my bio so that users know that my page will be a source of information about the program. I also edit my URL for my Instagram profile every few days. I change my URL to a new post that I really love. I do monitor my referring traffic, and Instagram is always in the top ten. So, I do know that users click over!
4. IFTTT. This is a social media tool that can simplify your life. I use it for many things, but I love how it gets my Instagram photos seen on other social networks. I have it set up to publish my photos to my Facebook page for Krystal’s Kitsch, and I also have it set up to automatically update my Twitter with my latest Instagram photos and captions. Instead of placing a link like the Instagram app will do when you share it to Twitter, IFTTT will upload the photo to Twitter and add in a caption. Once you set it up, there is no work for you to do! And, best of all, it’s FREE! Try this recipe to get started sharing your Instagram photos to your Twitter.
5. Like. Comment. Share. The best way to make new friends is to find them! Take a few minutes a day to explore popular posts, like other images, and comment on a few posts. You can even repost your favorite images with an app like Repost. It adds a watermark to the image to give the original poster credit. Spend five or ten minutes a day building your profile and engaging with others, and you will be Insta-popular in no time!
Will you join us in the #BloggersGetSocial Instagram challenge? Do you love Instagram?
Want more information about Bloggers Get Social? Visit these easy blog tips to get started!
[amazon-related-products keywords=”blog books”]
Free Blog Content and Income Toolkit
Create your best blog year yet! Use this free blog content and income planner to map out your vision. Use the free spreadsheets inside to track followers, growth, and money!
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- $200 Target Gift Card Giveaway - March 23, 2018
- How to Stay on Track - March 23, 2018
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018