Do you change your home decor up for the seasons? I’m a big fan of swapping out dish towels and place mats every season or holiday, but I sometimes neglect my front porch. I may or may not have had a Valentine’s wreath up for display still…in September. In my defense, it was a cute heart with red and pink details. Though, it’s time to welcome fall and celebrate Halloween. It’s kind of my favorite holiday of the year! Keep reading for more fall and Halloween DIY, crafts, and recipes. ‘Tis the Season, a holiday link up, kicks off today!
Wreaths are a great way to decorate your home for the holidays, and Halloween is no exception. Leave out the faux flowers and let your creativity come through with this Creepy Crawly Halloween Wreath. Hair raising spiders and a frightful warning are the perfect way to greet guests and trick-or-treating goblins.
All of the materials used are easy to find this time of year in craft stores and won’t cost and arm and a leg. Don’t be afraid to scour the holiday swag at your local thrift stores as well for straw wreaths and creepy eight legged friends.
Here’s what you will need:
- Straw wreath
- Fake spiders
- “CAUTION” or “DO NOT ENTER” tape
- Wired Ribbon
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Begin by measuring out and cutting a piece of “CAUTION” tape to completely span across the wreath from end to end.
- Place your “CAUTION” tape face down on your workspace. Lay the wreath face down over the tape. Wrap each end of the tape around the back of the wreath and use a few dots of hot glue to adhere it to each end. Be careful not to use too much glue or press too hard, as the heat from the glue will melt the plastic tape.
- Scatter your spiders along the wreath. Leave room at the very bottom for your bow. Glue each spider to the wreath.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bottom of the wreath once, and tie a traditional bow. Regular ribbon will work too, but wired ribbon will help the bow maintain its shape.
Ta-da! Celebrate the season and welcome trick-or-treaters with this wreath!
What’s your favorite fall recipe or craft?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”halloween ribbon”]
[amazon-related-products keywords=”halloween decor”]
Halloween Decor Guide
Download Shabby Chic Halloween Decor for creative inspiration for your home this fall season. These creative ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Improve Your Home With Carpet And Curtain Cleaning - April 24, 2019
- 4 Ways of Attaining the Perfect Lawn for Your Family - April 23, 2019
- How to Stay Healthy This Summer - April 23, 2019