As I get ready to throw a Halloween party, I’ve been thinking up sweets and savory dishes to share with my friends and family. I love crafting a unique menu with classic flavors and timeless treats, but my favorite thing to do when it comes to throwing a party is decorating. I like to curate party decor throughout the year in various colors and pair items together to create a colorful celebration. Since Halloween is my favorite time of year, you already know I’m stocked with orange and black balloons, streamers, faux cobwebs, and painted pumpkins.
Since decor usually comes from pieces I’ve already bought throughout the year, crafting a menu can be the most time-consuming. I try to look for easy snacks or simple desserts that are no-bake. The less I have to use the oven, the better! This is why I loved this idea for Halloween marshmallow “bones.” It’s fast and your children can help assemble them. Did I mention they taste great too?
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Yellow Melting Chocolate
- Lollipop sticks
The instructions are simple and can be customized with various ingredients to get a similar look but different taste. Try chocolate marshmallows or flavored chocolate. Perhaps you prefer the taste of white chocolate or you would like to use pretzels in place of candy sticks. The choice is yours!
- Place mini marshmallows onto each end of the stick.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for fifteen seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in fifteen-second increments until it is smooth.
- Dip one end of the stick into the chocolate until covered.
- Carefully remove that end of the stick before doing the other side as well.
- Let dry on wax paper. When the chocolate hardens, enjoy!
Are you throwing a Halloween party?
Share your best spooky snack! What do you like to serve?
Halloween Recipes and Crafts
- Halloween Dessert: Pumpkin Patch Pudding
- Black Light Address Pumpkins
- Halloween Treats: Candy Corn Oreo Bark