Cool and easy treats are a favorite in this Florida household. Since it doesn’t cool off for several more months (maybe not even until the new year!), I’m all about frozen snacks. This frozen peanut butter square recipe is simple and can be made quickly on a budget. Inspired by Kraft Foods and Walmart, here’s a kid-friendly recipe that is sure to please your family.
Chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and sprinkles come together to create an easy dessert that is perfect for a party or holiday gathering. In fact, I might even re-create these for my upcoming Halloween party. There’s nothing better than sitting around on the outside deck with a cool drink and a cold treat.
I saw the recipe on Kraft Foods online, and I loved how they had a variety of recipe ideas paired with coupons. It makes it easy to head to the store when you have a plan of tried and true recipes (and a few coupons to sweeten the deal). All together this recipe cost less than $10, and I definitely have leftovers. Not to mention I have peanut butter to use throughout the week.
You start off with a whisk, milk, and a package of JELL-O® Sugar Free, Fat Free Instant Pudding and Pie Filling in Vanilla.
As you continue to make the filling to spread on your graham crackers, get the kids involved. My toddler loved trying the Cool-Whip and trying to spread the filling onto the crackers. Needless to say, my kitchen is a bit messy. After a little while in the freezer, get ready to enjoy the sweetest treat this season.
The fluffy peanut butter filling is now cool and creamy. The chocolate is hardened, and the sprinkles add just the right of extra sugar.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1 oz. JELL-O® Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, Vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 oz. Cool Whip®
- 12 whole Graham crackers, cut in half
- Mini chocolate chips, melted
- In a large mixing bow, combine the Jell-o® Pudding mix and the milk. Whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the Cool Whip® until fluffy.
- Place 12 or 14 graham halves, top side down on a baking sheet.
- Spread the filling atop the graham cracker halves.
- Top each with the remaining graham cracker halves.
- Melt a handful of mini chocolate chips in the microwave for thirty seconds. Stir. Heat again for fifteen seconds until melted.
- Use a spoon and drizzle melted chocolate over the graham cracker tops.
- Add sprinkles for fun.
- Put in the freezer until firm (at least thirty minutes).
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 832Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 574mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 7gSugar: 50gProtein: 16g
What’s your favorite dessert?