This “recipe” combines both food and play, and it’s pretty neat. With today being the first day of school for many, this activity is perfect for those younger kiddos at home or as an after-school activity. I just like that it’s edible.
Take a peek in your pantry. Do you have peanut butter, powdered sugar, and coconut oil? If so, you’re all set! I always have a giant tub of coconut oil laying around (it’s basically the only thing I cook with!), so this idea is a no-brainer.
After gathering your ingredients, mix one cup of peanut butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil together. After it’s combined, add one cup of powdered sugar. Mix again. Add a half cup of powdered sugar and combine. Then, add the last half cup of powdered sugar.
You can always adjust the proportions of the powdered sugar if you are estimating and not using a measuring cup. Just mix away until the play dough is a smooth consistency without sticking to your hands.
If the dough starts to get sticky, pour a small amount of flour on wax paper and place it on the surface your child is playing with the dough on. Oh, and eating is allowed. Of course!
Peanut Butter Play Dough
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Flour, optional
- Combine peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add half a cup of powdered sugar.
- Once that is combined, add another half cup of powdered sugar.
- Once the dough is smooth and not sticky, it is ready for play!
- If the dough gets sticky, sprinkle a small amount of flour on wax paper and cover the surface you are playing on.
What’s your favorite after-school activity?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”coconut oil”]
[amazon-related-products keywords=”peanut butter”]
Get Organized for Back to School
Receive a back to school guide with simple recipes, printables, and organizational ideas for the back to school season.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018
- A Guide to the Plastics in Your Home | Green Enough Book Review - March 20, 2018
- How to Stay Active With Your Pets - March 20, 2018