I have been consciously working on cleaning up my diet. While a Whole 30 is my immediate plan, I love the flexibility and clean eating recipes that Paleo provides. I really do dislike processed foods, carbs, and drinking too much (honest). I recently curated a collection of my favorite Paleo recipes to try, and I whipped up something easy for lunch this past week as well. Whether you follow this diet or not, the recipes are still amazing! They are a nice way to infuse vegetables into your favorite snacks or desserts. Try a Paleo swap and let me know what you think!
Just as a reminder, here is what is allowed when you’re following Paleo. Meat, fish, and shellfish along with eggs are allowed. You can also enjoy tree nuts, seeds, fresh vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. Obviously, all processed foods are OUT. Skip the grains, dairy, SUGAR, legumes, potatoes, and processed oils. I’m a big fan of Whole 30, and they recently loosened their restrictions on potatoes. You can read more about the inclusion of potatoes in their new guidelines on the Whole 30 website.
Now that you’re an expert on all things Paleo, here’s an idea for a quick lunch.
You might already know that Mexican food is my favorite, so it’s no surprise that I like to whip up these fajita bowls whenever I get a chance. They’re so easy, and they become a staple when I’m on the Whole 30 diet.
I included a photo of the salsa I used so you can use it as a reference. While I prefer salsa from Trader Joe’s, I stopped at a local natural grocery store to pick up a few essentials. Basically, ALL of the salsas on the shelf included some kind of off-limits ingredients (whether it was sugar or oil), but this was just had organic vegetables. I grabbed a jar (at the cool price of $5!), and it has become my new favorite condiment.
- 1/2 lb of pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 small onion
- 1 bag of organic peppers, frozen (or 1 fresh red, green, and yellow pepper)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp organic salsa
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Season beef with cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet.
- Add steak, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until desired doneness.
- Transfer to a bowl of fresh romaine lettuce.
- Top with organic salsa, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and other toppings as desired.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over or add 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Mix until combined and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1221 Total Fat: 66g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 31g Cholesterol: 417mg Sodium: 527mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 12g Protein: 127g
Have you ever made a Paleo recipe? You might like this Free Meal Plan Printable.
Paleo and Whole30 Recipe Inspiration:
- Paleo Meal Planning: Herb Chicken Breast Recipe
- Salmon BLT Sliders
- Sheet Pan Whole 30 Roasted Vegetables