Full disclosure: I’m not the best pancake maker. My husband thinks I make them TOO big which means they take longer to cook or cook unevenly. It’s something I’m working on…creating the perfect pancake! While I haven’t figured out how to make them round and pretty, I may have found the perfect flavor combination. Over the weekend I noticed a friend post a photo from a diner in the northeast that featured chocolate chip bacon pancakes. Consider me impressed! I knew I needed to whip up a batch sometime this week.
Keep reading for the easy recipe and enter to win the first giveaway of Bacon Month!
I’ve made many chocolate chip pancakes in my day, but I never thought to add anything extra. When I saw that menu, I knew I had to re-create this! It is an easy “recipe” (if I can even call it that!), and I am one step closer to the perfect pancake. I still have work to do, but these were a step in the right direction.
A few years ago I tried bacon and chocolate together at a fair. The warm melted chocolate paired with a crisp bacon strip was a combination I enjoyed. It’s something unusual yet it just works.
- Pancake mix
- 8 slices of bacon, baked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate baking chips
- In a large bowl, prepare the pancake mix according to package instructions.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mix to the pan.
- Sprinkle in bacon bits and chocolate chips on the non-cooked side.
- Flip each pancake and cook until done.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with butter and syrup.
What do you pair with your pancakes?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”pancake griddle”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Make $160 Go Far | Florida Aquarium Membership - November 16, 2018
- Christmas Town at Busch Gardens - November 15, 2018
- Meatless Monday: Chorizo Sausage Nachos Recipe - November 12, 2018