Full disclosure: I’m not the best pancake maker. My husband thinks I make them TOO big which means they take longer to cook or cook unevenly. It’s something I’m working on…creating the perfect pancake! While I haven’t figured out how to make them round and pretty, I may have found the perfect flavor combination. Over the weekend I noticed a friend post a photo from a diner in the northeast that featured chocolate chip bacon pancakes. Consider me impressed! I knew I needed to whip up a batch sometime this week.
Keep reading for the easy recipe and enter to win the first giveaway of Bacon Month!
I’ve made many chocolate chip pancakes in my day, but I never thought to add anything extra. When I saw that menu, I knew I had to re-create this! It is an easy “recipe” (if I can even call it that!), and I am one step closer to the perfect pancake. I still have work to do, but these were a step in the right direction.
A few years ago I tried bacon and chocolate together at a fair. The warm melted chocolate paired with a crisp bacon strip was a combination I enjoyed. It’s something unusual yet it just works.
Chocolate Chip Bacon Pancakes
- Pancake mix
- 8 slices of bacon, baked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate baking chips
- In a large bowl, prepare the pancake mix according to package instructions.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mix to the pan.
- Sprinkle in bacon bits and chocolate chips on the non-cooked side.
- Flip each pancake and cook until done.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with butter and syrup.
What do you pair with your pancakes?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”pancake griddle”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Why It’s Different This Time… Technology and Wellness - February 22, 2018
- Are you Ready for SOLO: A Star Wars Story? #HanSolo - February 20, 2018
- 14 Fruity Pebbles Recipes: Enjoy Cereal for Dessert! - February 18, 2018