As Bacon Month continues, I wanted to whip up something that was Whole 30 approved. My love affair with the Whole 30 meal plan began last year. I love the food that I’m allowed to eat, I love the way the change in my diet makes me feel. Yet, this is a tough plan to follow sometimes. There is absolutely no alcohol, sugar, grains, dairy, or wheat. Goodbye sweet cocktails and craft beer. Hello water…and more water. I’ve done two of these within the past year, and I am about to embark on another. While I’m busy cleaning out my pantry to get rid of sugar and junk, I wanted to experiment with Whole 30’s new rules. See, before, you could eat sweet potatoes but no other kinds of potatoes. Now…you can eat any kind! Though, don’t fry up some french fries and think you’re following the rules. You can read about their August 2014 Whole 30 rules online.
I immediately went out and bought two bags of red potatoes. I’m slowly getting my kitchen ready for another round of Whole 30, and here’s one way to enjoy breakfast every morning. They are full of flavor and perfect for a weekend brunch at home. Use sugar free bacon to make this Whole 30 friendly.
You really can’t go wrong with bacon, eggs, and potatoes. Throw them together in a cast-iron skillet and enjoy the ride!
I also used fresh peppers to spice it up.
- 1/2 bag Red Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 4 sliced of bacon, baked
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook for 7 minutes or so and then drain.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add potatoes, peppers, garlic, and remaining seasonings.
- Cook until potatoes are crisp and browned.
- Add scrambled eggs and bacon slices as desired.
Have you ever done a Whole 30? What’s your favorite breakfast menu item?
You may also like:
[amazon-related-products keywords=”whole 30″]
Whole30 Inspired Recipes
Download better-for-you recipes inspired by Whole30 and Paleo ingredients. There's a printable meal plan too!
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why You Need Comfortable, Reliable Boots - July 19, 2018
- How to Add Color to Your Home - July 19, 2018
- Disney After Hours Review: 10+ Magic Kingdom Rides in 1 Night - July 16, 2018