This review and giveaway was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Febreze. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
If you entertain in your home, whether indoor or outdoor, you know that it can be kind of a pain to prepare for guests. Not only do you need to clean and prep a menu, but it can be time consuming to get everything just right. You know that feeling after you clean and get the house smelling fresh? I always think to myself that I didn’t realize my home smelled so bad. A few spritzes of Febreze and a new candle can make a difference!
We are so accustomed to the way our homes smell that we rarely notice a poor scent. I have two dogs and a toddler, and I know I am so used to smelling dog. If I do have guests over, I try to add a bit of fragrance to the air with Febreze. I also put out a few home decor items to add personality to our place.
Home Decor Ideas For Parties
1. Light a candle. I loved this Febreze candle. It had a fresh scent, and it has a long life. I try to light candles in all the rooms in our home and spray air freshener before we welcome guests. It helps get rid of that dog scent pretty quickly, and it just makes our home feel more pleasant.
2. Have enough chairs. You can find folding chairs at your local Target. I found these aqua ones for a steal at about $8 a piece. I snagged a set of four, and I always have enough chairs now!
3. Add color with tablecloths. One of my favorite ways to decorate for parties and holidays is to add a new tablecloth. A fresh table setting can change the look of your home dramatically. I love bright colors and vibrant prints. They also double as backgrounds for photos!
4. Have a set of bamboo cutting boards. Not only can you use these for kitchen prep, but they double as decorative trays or stands for food and snacks. I use them for food photography, wine and cheese parties, and to set out small appetizers.
5. Pull out the TV trays. A few TV trays can increase table space and help set up additional food or drinks. Skip the pine ones and find the dark wood. They look better and feel sturdier, in my opinion!
How do you prepare for entertaining guests at home?
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.