This cucumber infused water recipe is SO refreshing!
I don’t drink enough water. I used to meet my daily eight glasses requirement last year, but then something happened. I can’t really explain it. All of a sudden, I wanted nothing to do with water and everything to do with sugary sweet sodas. I am trying to get back on track and eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and up my water intake. One way that I’m encouraging myself to drink water is with infused water recipes. Since the water is full of fresh fruit and colorful, how can I not want to drink it? This small change actually HAS been working, so here is one of my favorite ways to infuse water.
I mean, it’s kind of the perfect drink. The cucumbers remind me of a fancy spa water, but the lemons and limes give me just enough tart flavor. Why, no, I’m not drinking a lemonade, but I just convinced myself that I was.
Cucumber Infused Water
- 32 oz. canning jar
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into slices
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium lime sliced
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- Add the cucumber, sliced fruit and basil to the canning jar.
- Mash them down a bit to get the juice out of them. The more juice, the more flavor in your water!
- Fill the jar with water and let it refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy ice cold!
The best way to do this is to create a few different jars of infused water and let them sit overnight in your fridge. Need mason jars? Stock up on Amazon!
While you can use any ol’ jar, mason jars make things more fun. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit just HOW many mason jars I’ve collected over the past few years (including plastic entertaining mason jars!). If there’s one thing to learn about me today, you should know that I do collect stuff. I collect mason jars, postcards, cute notebooks (not on purpose, I just can’t resist), and colorful pens.
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Decorate Your Home Easily - June 18, 2018
- Rosé All Day: Top Rosé Finds on Amazon - June 16, 2018
- 7 Inspiring Companies You Should Follow on Instagram - June 14, 2018