I was going through old posts, and I thought this one needed an update. I just turned 31, and it’s crazy to read some of my goals from when I was 29. What has stayed consistent though are my desires to eat healthier, enjoy being outside more, and find new ways to spend time with my kiddo. Those goals are things I will always be working on! I am not sure they will ever be “met,” since there is always room for improvement. I did manage to cross a few things off this list. I’ll take my victories!
I’m surprised I hadn’t yet made a “30 Before 30” list. It’s probably been in my Google Docs for at least two years now just waiting for me to add ideas or notes. I decided to dig up this list since I will be thirty in SIX MONTHS. So, now is as good a time as any to reveal thirty small goals that I’d like to reach by the time I enter a new decade. I’ve heard your thirties are way more awesome than you can imagine. You’re done with college, you’ve “got it all together,” and you are making more money now than before (at least, that’s my idea).
30 Before 30
1. Plan a vacation. If Disney counts, then yes.
2. Own a pair of fancy heels that I can actually walk in. I used Shopbop credits to buy a pair of Rebecca Minkoff strappy heels that I’ve never worn, but yes, I can walk in.
3. Lose twenty pounds.
4. Take nightly walks.
5. Set (and keep!) office hours. I mean, basically. I work 9-5 now since I have a full-time at home job.
6. Journal (aren’t these lemon and lime journals from Smudge Ink the cutest?).
7. Buy more coffee mugs (don’t ask. I just need more!).
8. Buy fresh flowers every week.
9. Accessorize. I have way too many pretty necklaces to let them sit unworn.
10. Keep my bag/clutch/tote organized. I spend WAY too much time digging for things out of the bottom of a purse or finding trash in a zippered pocket.
Keep reading to see my new go to summer clutch.
11. Officially launch my business. I did create an LLC.
12. Have something published on a site that isn’t my own.
13. Start a garden. Seriously, even if I just go buy basil plants at Publix. I really want to grow my own herbs or something.
14. Develop a skin care regime. This face is no longer looking twenty.
15. Wear nail polish regularly. I do actually. I love using Jamberry since it’s easy and stays on forever.
16. Spend more time with my son.
17. Finish reading all of the unread books on my bookshelf.
18. Find an activity my husband and I can do together (that isn’t drinking at the bar).
19. Find (or re-order) my passport and birth certificate. I did manage to get a new birth certificate. Still working on the passport.
20. Stop eating fast food.
21. Wear lipstick.
22. Don’t forget sunscreen every day.
23. Save up for a Mac. Yes times two!
24. Learn how to grill (I think I want to buy a gas grill and do this! Charcoal is too much work.).
25. Buy a new dining room table that is more “family friendly.” We have a high top that just doesn’t make sense with a toddler. Why, yes, we did get a new dining room table. We had it for about a year before we had to sell it to move.
26. Spend more time outside.
27. Join a group. This is open-ended for a reason. An online group? A book club? A moms group? Who knows. Just something. I joined a few. I made a moms group that lasted for about 8 months.
28. Have another seasonal closet purge in the fall.
29. Spend an hour or so a week meal planning, couponing, and finding ways to save money.
30. And, of course, plan the most fabulous thirtieth birthday party anyone has ever seen. Don’t plan anything the first weekend of December. I spent my 30th birthday on an epic drinking around the world crawl at Disney with my husband and good friend. I say that was perfect enough for me.
I thought this quote was perfection. I feel like I’m more myself now than ever. Why change? These goals aren’t about change. They are about embracing the person I have grown into and remind myself to treat my body and mind better. To live a healthier life, to spend more time with my family, and to celebrate all of our special moments.
What are your words of wisdom for entering a new decade? What’s your “go-to” summer bag?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.