With Memorial Day right around the corner, many are prepping their homes for backyard BBQs and pool parties. While we may not have any grand plans for this upcoming weekend, we did manage to squeeze in a family pool party last Sunday. The weather was just right, and the pool was finally warm enough to jump in! Sometimes the best parties require little to no planning and a whole lot of spontaneity. I do admit I spend a lot of time getting caught up on the details when I have guests over, but when it’s a backyard pool party, sometimes having no plan is best!
Though, there are a few tips that I can pass along to help make your next backyard soiree a success. Whether you have a pool or just a yard, never underestimate the power of a sprinkler and a bottle of bubbles.
5 Tips to Host a Pool Party
1. Pack the ultimate bag. Whether you’re a mother and need to pack for several or you just need to pack a bag for yourself, the best days at the pool or the beach are when you’re prepared. As a native Floridian, beach bags live in my trunk and there are always towels on the seats. I’ve learned to keep a few poolside essentials with me at all times, because you never know where the sunshine will take you. For your pool party, make sure you have an inventory of all the necessary essentials.
Huggies Little Swimmers and Tend sent over a pool party bag packed with the good stuff for a mother of a toddler. From sippy cups to snacks, every detail was well thought out. If you need to pack a bag for your munchkins, don’t forget these items:
- Beach towel
- Bath toys (Genius! Bath toys in the pool… I didn’t really think of that before!)
- Sippy Cups
- Huggies Little Swimmers Swim Diapers
The Huggies Little Swimmers are a perfect addition to our diaper inventory. I’m so glad that I have a set of diapers that are ready to go in the pool! They are easy on, easy off, and my toddler wore them with no complains.
Keep reading for more pool party tips!
2. Add a sprinkler.
Whether you add a little water play inside or outside the pool is up to you, but this splash of cool water was very refreshing! Our son loved it.
3. Serve fresh fruit.
Set up a fresh fruit bar at your party with melon, pineapple, oranges, and bananas. The cool fruit is a nice treat for a warm day. Use PicMonkey to create coordinating signs. I used the shape tools to create this watermelon. The image is sized 4 x 6, but I printed it smaller to fit in this frame. Want to download it for yourself? Click here!
4. Craft a mocktail. No party is complete without a bubbly drink!
5. Have fun! Add in a waterproof camera to capture sweet memories.
What are your pool party tips?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019
- Gluten Free Sandwich Charcuterie Board - January 14, 2019