As you may have realized by now, I live in Florida. I love living in the Sunshine State and relishing in all the fresh seafood, fruits, and vegetables available. I happily indulged in seasonal strawberries this past month, and I am now focused on adding some seasonal vegetables into my menu. I found the Pan Roasted Florida Vegetables recipe on the Fresh From Florida website. If you want to recreate this simple, yet tasty, recipe, try it now!
Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 1 large eggplant, large diced (remove skin if desired)
- 2 zucchini, large diced
- 2 large squash, large diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced large
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 12 mushrooms, rinsed and quartered
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, hand torn
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- canola or olive oil for cooking
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pre heat a large-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add half of the onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add half of the garlic and all the bell peppers to the onion mixture in the pan. Continue to cook the vegetables in the pan and add all of the yellow squash and zucchini to the pan.
- Lightly season the cooking vegetables with salt and pepper. Let the vegetables cook until the squash is just crisp-tender (about two minutes). Remove the vegetables from the pan into a large serving bowl. Place the sauté pan back over the heat and use a spatula to remove any debris.
- Once the pan is hot again, add 1 tablespoon oil and the other half of the diced onion. Let the onions cook for 2 minutes and then add the garlic, mushrooms and eggplant. Lightly season the cooking vegetables with salt and pepper. Let the vegetables cook until the eggplant is just tender (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place them into the bowl with the other vegetables. Add the fresh herbs to the bowl of vegetables and stir to combine. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 174 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 164mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 13g Protein: 5g
Looking for more vegetable ideas?
- Sheet Pan Whole 30 Roasted Vegetables
- Easy Veggie French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe