I have been blogging lately about my adventure in clean eating, more specifically I have participated in a Whole 30 challenge. I gave up bread, grains, legumes, and added sugars for more protein, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. Over the past few weeks, I have never felt more energized and more aware of the food I put into my body. I make a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner daily, and I am always trying new ways to incorporate protein (like tuna!) into my diet.
I have also started paying attention to food labels. I have learned more about ingredients and where our food comes from. When I was selected to try Ocean Naturals Skipjack, I was intrigued and immediately read their nutritional information. As their packaging states, Ocean Naturals is a light tuna that is canned in water. The fish is wild and responsibly caught (a big factor that the book It Starts With Food, where Whole 30 comes from, mentions). You can also learn more about where your specific tuna came from by visiting the Ocean Naturals website and entering the code on the can.
- Ocean Natural Skipjack
- Primal Kitchen Paleo Approved Avocado Oil Mayo
- Romaine Lettuce
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- Mix tuna with a tablespoon or two of the mayo.
- Prepare salad by filling a bowl with 2 cups of romaine lettuce.
- Top with tomatoes, cashews, hardboiled eggs, and a tbsp of olive oil and a tbsp of red wine vinegar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 503 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 30g Cholesterol: 192mg Sodium: 508mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 15g Sugar: 15g Protein: 16g
- Whole 30 Survival Guide
- Paleo + Whole 30 Grocery List: Shop at Amazon!
- 5 Things to Do Before Starting a Whole 30
Whole30 Inspired Recipes
Download better-for-you recipes inspired by Whole30 and Paleo ingredients. There's a printable meal plan too!
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 10 Actual Things You Can Do Today To Change Your Life - May 20, 2019
- How to Save Money on a Cruise - May 20, 2019
- How To Cut Household Expenses And Save For What You REALLY Want - May 19, 2019