This post was sponsored by Fresh Avocados – Love One Today® as part of an In-Home Party Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We always like to encourage our son to try new recipes in the hopes that he will find new favorites. We recently hosted an avocado party and created a few recipes to serve our guests includes a refreshing fruit smoothie and a simple avocado wrap. Follow along as I show you how to create kid-friendly avocado recipes! Since avocado is an important option for growing children, these recipes should inspire you to introduce your child to avocado as soon as you can!
Avocado and Mango Kick-Starter Smoothie
When we have busy on-the-go mornings, I like to blend up a smoothie to take with us. I had NEVER thought to use an avocado in a smoothie, but this recipe is fun to make and share! Our party guests loved it too!
To make your own, gather these ingredients and follow these instructions.
- 1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 large ripe mango (about 1 cup). pitted, peeled and cubed, or 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, chopped
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender, add avocado, mango, pineapple, pineapple juice, almond juice, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Kid-Approved Chicken and Turkey Bacon Avocado Wraps
We also set up a “wrap station” where you can make your own chicken wraps! Not only are they kid-friendly, but they are easy to make in a hurry. They would make a fun weeknight dinner or a birthday party buffet idea.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, slived
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 ripe fresh Hass avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Top each with equal amounts of chicken, turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- In a bowl combine avocado and dressing. Toss.
- Top wraps with avocado mixture.
- Roll up tortillas.
Little helpers can assist with these wraps, and you can customize them to your favorite flavors! Add tomatoes, ranch dressing, or mayo to change it up.
Since you can use leftover chicken in this dish, it makes it simple to serve and reheat. It’s the perfect no fuss party food, and the kids loved it!
Avocado Party Ideas
Serve a variety of dishes so guests can find something to enjoy. Whether it’s a sandwich, salad, fun appetizer, or dessert, having a few options makes it easy for guests to find their favorite dish. With avocado inspired appetizers, you can encourage your guests to enjoy avocado in a NEW way!
Let guests serve themselves. This makes it easy on the party hostess! Set up your party spread buffet style.
Use fresh ingredients. Using fresh avocados added extra flavor to our recipes. The avocado can be smooth and creamy which was a fun smoothie ingredient. This mild taste makes it easy for a child to enjoy it! It also contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and phytonutrients, that are important to both infant and toddler nutrition. Plus, if you’re using fresh ingredients, you are serving your party guests more wholesome food since they are less likely to contain added sugars or salt!
Overall our guests enjoyed the smoothies and wraps for a fun lunchtime option.
What would your favorite avocado recipe be?
Visit Fresh Avocados – Love One Today® for recipe inspiration!
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017