This post was sponsored by SwimWays as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I admit that my son is a little skittish around the water. This is completely bizarre since we live in Florida near the water, and most of his life we had a pool in our backyard. Yet, there are moments that my son knows his boundaries and doesn’t push them. He sits and “swims” near the stairs or at the water’s edge without ever going underwater. Our goal this summer is to inspire confidence with our son in the pool or at the beach, and SwimWays is right there to help!
How to Give Your Children Confidence in the Water
1. Let your child pick their favorite pool toys. We have balls for the water which makes me son eager to use them and play!
2. Use safe swimming gear. I learned that SwimWays is a leader in helping children learn to swim and promoting water safety as evidenced by the 6th annual National Learn to Swim Day that took place on May 20, 2017. This is SO important for everyone to make sure that their children are safe around the water. Since we live in Florida, many people have pools, lakes, swamps, and other waterways in our backyards. A wandering child can find themselves in danger quickly, so proper supervision and safety is critical.
We received the Swim Step Two and the Swim Step Three items from SwimWays. The Swim Step Two Swim Sweater lets your child explore the water with confidence and offers sun sleeves for extra UV protection.
The Swim Step Three Power Swimr offers graduated floation and lets your child advance their swimming ability at their own pace. It provides confidence to our son, and it has adjustable cords for a snug fit.
3. Go to the pool or beach often. This will encourage your child to be familiar around the water.
4. Don’t pressure them or push them into the pool. That will just make your kiddo unhappy!
5. Have fun and RELAX! BE sure to supervise your child near water and enjoy the summer sunshine.
How do you encourage your child to get in the water and learn how to swim?