This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerServed #CollectiveBias Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.
Things that I love: summer, nachos, spicy food, and anything related to a good summer party punch. With Memorial Day on the horizon, I’ve got the perfect party plan for your next group get-together complete with a fun DIY to do with your friends, a punch cocktail recipe, homemade nachos, and lots of avocado goodness. Here’s to your next summer gathering!
Shop Walmart to pick up all your party essentials. You can earn cash back with Ibotta!
- Hebrew National®: Earn $1 with purchase of TWO Hebrew National Franks 11oz or larger
- Hunt’s Ketchup®: Earn $0.50 with purchase of ONE
I grabbed RO*TEL® and fresh avocados for our signature party dish. There are so many varieties for you to choose from.
Signature Party Dish
Our party’s signature dish was a spin on classic nachos or chips and dip. We opted to create a Key West inspired tuna nacho dish with homemade tortilla chips.
Homemade tortilla chips are easy to make in a hurry and you can create them with extra spice! Cut tortillas into triangles and spray with olive oil and season with garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and whatever other flavors you love! My husband prefers to season our chips with Old Bay, and it was a good match for our signature nacho dish.
Bake at 325 degrees for a few minutes until crisp.
When you’re ready to create your tuna nachos for your party, there are a few steps to get started. First up: the slaw! Yes, you need cabbage to top your fancy nachos! In fact, you need cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and a little bit of oil.
Next up is the tuna prep. Depending on your guests and their flavor preferences, there are a few ways that you can prepare tuna. We like to sear tuna for fifteen seconds or so on each side.
You finish building these nachos by topping with slaw, avocado, RO*TEL, and of course, tuna. These meaty nachos are hefty and have a lot of Florida flavor.
DIY Stenciled Napkins
A simple summer craft to do with your party guests is to personalize napkins. Whether you want to use colorful napkins or crisp white napkins, these linens are going to be a party favorite. Get napkins, paint, and a sponge. Use heavy cardstock to create a stencil. You can cut hearts, stars, whatever you can think of! You can also use paper punches, which is what I did. Gently sponge the paint onto the napkin with the stencil.
The possibilities are endless with your creative ideas!
Memorial Day festivities get an upgrade with fresh checkered prints and rustic accents with wood and galvanized metal accents. Create a table with easy to reach snacks and unique side dishes like our Key West Tuna Nachos with RO*TEL and fresh avocado.
The homemade tortilla chips are a focal point of the party since everyone can snack on them and top them with their favorite ingredients.
RO*TEL, cheese, the spicy slaw, and seaweed salad are our nacho toppings if you want to create your own. If you order ahi poke in a restaurant, you are probably used to trying wasabi sauce or a seaweed salad as a garnish or a side. This nacho bar is unique and has a blend of flavors that is restaurant-quality.
Upgrade your party with a summer punch inspired by the citrus flavors of Florida!
Summer Punch Recipe
This orange blackberry vodka punch is easy to make and oh so delicious!
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz mango juice
- 2 oz orange juice
Add ingredients to a large glass with ice. Garnish with blackberries and orange slices.
It is the perfect pairing with the flavor of the RO*TEL and avocados in the nachos.
- 15-20 soft corn tortillas
- 12 oz. raw ahi tuna
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely cut
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup RO*TEL
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Key lime juice
- Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas in quarters and spread on baking pan. Brush with half of the oil and sprinkle on Old Bay seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas turn a crispy brown.
- In mixing bowl, combine cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and remainder of oil to create slaw. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut tuna into 1-inch steaks and season with salt and Old Bay. On grill or skillet on high heat, sear tuna for 15 seconds on each side or until desired prep is reached.
- Cut tuna into smaller slices.
- Peel and de-seed avocado and cut into thin slices.
- Assemble nachos with avocado, tuna, slaw, RO*TEL, and cheese.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to grill up fresh tuna and serve a unique twist on chips and dip?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Keep in Touch With Friends and Family | Free Birthday Calendar Printable - June 27, 2017
- Easy Bathroom Decor Upgrades - June 26, 2017
- How to Save Even More With Amazon Prime - June 23, 2017