Have you been saying “new year, new me” this month? Working toward goals at the beginning of a new year can be overwhelming and time consuming. I find that I set really BIG goals and always feel as if I can’t find the TIME to complete them. When it comes to weight loss and fitness, it always ends up last on my list of priorities. How can I manage a business, work, take care of a family, AND meal plan while counting calories and working out?
That’s why I’m here to say that setting REALISTIC weight loss goals are going to work so much better for ME and you! We don’t have to do it all on our own. Get help to get going on your BIG goals! I signed up for Jenny Craig so that I wouldn’t have to worry about portions, meal planning, or accountability. With Jenny Craig, two weeks of food was sent my way. I had everything I needed to set me up for success: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, shakes, AND dessert. Yes, I received a sweet treat in my package that came perfectly frosted with colorful sprinkles. If a cupcake doesn’t get you excited for losing weight, nothing will! ;)
Jenny Craig is a clinically proven and recommended weight-loss program designed to provide structure and support to help members lose weight and learn how to keep it off. The program takes a holistic approach to weight loss and weight management, focusing on food, body and mind. Skip the fads and gimmicky diets and experience real results with Jenny Craig. With Jenny Craig, they have made personal support the cornerstone of what we do for 30 years. Every member is paired with a dedicated consultant who provides them with one-on-one support to identify their challenges and goals, and helps them to create unique weekly meal and activity plans.
The weekly meal plan was perhaps the best part since I could start my day without worrying about cooking, defrosting dinner, or grocery shopping. Can you imagine how much simpler your life would be without grocery trips. Jenny Craig has more than 100 premium menu items to love in flavors you can’t resist, created by 40 professional chefs.
How to Set Realistic Weight Loss Goals
- Be true to yourself. If you know that you will never like brussel sprouts, you don’t have to eat them! Find vegetables that bring you energy and are tasty too. Jenny Craig had a ton of vegetable sides that were delicious! The broccoli with cheese was a pleasant surprise and side to my dinners.
- No, you don’t have to give up coffee. I am a big coffee drinker in the morning, so I chatted it out with my consultant on what I could drink. She shared with me that I was allowed to have a three tablespoons of non-dairy creamer a day if needed. Maybe coffee isn’t your thing. Maybe it’s cupcakes, brownies, or chocolate lava cake. Yes, I’ve had all THREE of those items over the past week! Be real with yourself and find a way to make a healthier diet work for you.
- Hold yourself accountable. Luckily Jenny Craig has a consultant that you can either see in person, on the phone, or even online. Your new friend will ask you the tough questions and make sure that you are hitting your daily goals. It’s the kind of support that a friend can’t offer! Each week, your Consultant will work with you on your menu, discuss any challenges from the previous week and determine a plan for the week ahead. Plus, your consultant will keep track of your success with weekly weigh-ins and teach you how to self-monitor.
- Find a way to enjoy your favorites. Do you love pizza or perhaps bacon? Talk to Jenny Craig and browse their menu. I was able to enjoy pizza bites a few times this week which kept me full and totally cured my pizza craving!
- Reward yourself. Did you know that you are more likely to reach your goals if you have a celebration in mind or a special reward for your success? Mine was this cupcake. One week down, another to go! Jenny Craig members can expect to lose an average of 1-2 pounds per week, which is a healthy range of weight loss.
What is your best weight loss tip? How do you hold yourself accountable?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- When You Need to Switch Dog Food - September 22, 2017
- How to Organize Your Garage | Essentials For Lawn Maintenance - September 22, 2017
- How to Succeed at School - September 22, 2017