Thanks to SeaWorld Orlando and Reserve Direct for providing my family with a weekend getaway!
I have lived in Florida my entire life, but I had yet to fully experience SeaWorld Orlando. In fact, there was a time where I even LIVED in Orlando! I am not sure why I held back on attending, but now I am fully committed to making sure my family visits at least seasonally since there is so much to do. With guidance from Reserve Direct, we were able to enjoy booking services, lodging, and SeaWorld adventures that we will remember forever. Keep reading to enter to win to experience your own real and amazing trip!
To get started, Reserve Orlando helped us secure tickets and booked experiences for us. Reserve Direct is your best planning choice for complete destination planning and booking. With 16 destinations across the US and expanding, Reserve Direct aims to offer the best prices on regional attractions and hotels as well as insight and tips to enhance your trip. SeaWorld is a top attraction on Reserve Direct’s destination website, Reserve Orlando and as trusted SeaWorld partner, Reserve Direct seeks to celebrate all the truly Real and Amazing aspects of the park. Here are my must do activities for your own SeaWorld trip!
10 Must Do Activities at SeaWorld
- Use extras like quick queue and reserved seating with help from Reserve Orlando: When you visit SeaWorld Orlando’s Information and Reservations Counter when you arrive, you can make sure that all of your must do activities are planned and ready to go!
- Sign Up For a Behind the Scenes Tour: This behind the scenes tour, lasting approximately 75 minutes, will explain how animal care experts care for rescued manatees and sea turtles.
You will also touch a shark and interact with a penguin! These were clearly our favorite parts of the tour. We loved our tour guide, and we found that since there was a bus to transport us from one side of the park to the other, that it was an amazing way to get off our feet and relax!
- Meet a dolphin: The dolphin encounter is an affordable option to experience a quick dolphin interaction. Again, even though we are native Floridians, this is not something that we get to experience!
We also learned how the animal team takes care of these amazing mammals and had the opportunity to touch the dolphins. Since cameras are not permitted on this experience, I don’t have any photos to share, but I promise it was really fun! The photo above is from another area in the park (Dolphin Nursery).
- Ride the trio of roller coasters: Which one will be your favorite… Mako, Manta, or Kraken!? Mako is Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster while Manta is the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world.
- Have a pretzel at Mama’s Pretzel Kitchen: Why, yes, this should be on your list! Tired parents can relax with a craft beer and a bacon cheddar pretzel while kiddos enjoy Shamu’s Happy Harbor next door. It’s also a great place to wait before catching the One Ocean show since it is located right across from the arena.
- Don’t Forget Shamu’s Happy Harbor: With lots of seating for parents to watch their children play, this was a surprise highlight of our visit. Our son loved the variety of kid-friendly rides!
- One Ocean Show: The all-new Shamu show, One Ocean, is incredible! We learned about the thrilling animals and ecosystems under the sea, marveled at the dancing fountains and colors, and felt the energy throughout the entire show. Other great shows that we saw were Pets Ahoy, Blue Horizons, and Sea Lion High.
- Enjoy seasonal attractions: Since Christmas is here, our local SeaWorld was decked out with holiday trees, lights, and special events. SeaWorld frequently changes their event calendar with fun events for the holidays, so be sure to check it out. It makes it an exciting visit every time you go since there is always something new to see.
- Explore the Aquariums and Rescue Areas: Nearly every attraction has special aquariums, and there are several animal rescue areas that you can visit too. These quick attractions can show you a side of the park you may miss if you are just doing rides and shows. Sea Garden offers close-up encounters with amazing animal friends and learn how SeaWorld cares for the natural world at the all-new SEA Garden. Completely re-designed, the SEA Garden is where guests can learn more about SeaWorld’s animals, many of them rescued, including eagles, spoonbills, opossums, and more.
- Have a comfy hotel to come home to: Reserve Direct made it easy to find lodging with Reserve Orlando at the Holiday Inn-Waterpark location.
Talk about a view! This hotel offers only suites so there is plenty of room for families of all sizes. The tropical interior decor was relaxing, and service was top notch. On our first night stay, we were greeted with a sweet treat of cookies and milk. ;)
This location made everything easy with a breakfast buffet on site, an arcade, a super sweet 4D theater for movies and a laser game, and several restaurants for coffee, pizza, and more. No need to leave the property to seek out delicious food or treats. Everything was right here!
Are you ready for your own special getaway? Don’t miss this giveaway!
Prize: 4 tickets to SeaWorld and a one night’s stay at either SeaWorld Orlando OR SeaWorld San Diego – winners choice. Airfare not included.
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017