Thanks to Orchard Supply Hardware for partnering with Sunny Sweet Days!
Winter may be dark and dreary in your area, but it doesn’t have to be. You can add color and low-maintenance greenery with these simple tips and this mason jar succulent DIY. Get your paintbrushes ready, and let’s add color to your home!
Orchard Supply Hardware recently opened their doors to the south Florida area, and their interior inventory inspires fresh color and crafting. As you walk through the aisles, you can find color ideas and ways to bring bright, cheery hues to your home.
Easy Ways to Add Color to Your Home
1. Washi Tape. This is probably one of my favorite ways to DIY a project or give a gift. Washi tape is functional as a fun addition to your planner or to decorate a picture frame. You can make gift tags, give to a child to play with, or use to hang inspirational printables.
Try picking up a few rolls in complementary colors so that you can mix and match on whatever DIY project you may be creating.
2. Spray paint. A quick and easy DIY project always involves spray paint! Whether you need to paint a piece of furniture or decorate a glass jar with color, spray paint is an easy way to do it.
3. Interior Paint. A fresh coat of paint on an interior wall can lighten up your space. Try adding an accent wall in your dining room or brightening up your living room with a custom color.
4. Don’t forget the exterior of your home. Whether you paint your deck or add colorful gardening tools, you can create a colorful haven both indoors AND out!
You can also add color to your home with easy greenery and unique glassware. Here’s how to get started.
DIY Mason Jar Succulents
At the Deerfield Beach opening of Orchard Supply Hardware, we were taught how to make these adorable succulent jars. Choose your favorite bloom!
- Mason Jars
- Variety of colorful rocks
- Potted Succulent
- Start by filling you jar with a variety of colorful rocks or stones.
- Top with soil.
- Gently press the succulent plant into the jar. This may take a bit of trial and error to ensure you have enough soil in the jar.
- Enjoy your new mason jar plant.
Do you have colorful accents in your home? Do you love succulents as much as I do?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Prioritize Your Goals - March 20, 2017
- Creative Ways To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - March 15, 2017
- Eight Places To Visit During Your Honeymoon To Italy - March 14, 2017