Thanks to FPL for providing the information for this sponsored post. FPL.com/EasyToSave
When I was younger, I would love to drive around subdivisions and look at all the twinkling lights and holiday displays for Christmas. I remember signing guestbooks in front lawns of fully-decked out homes, meeting neighborhood Santas, and wondering about their monthly energy usage. I recently learned new strategies for home decorating with Florida Power & Light (FPL), and I want to share my tips with you! Light up your home with LED lights, decorate on a holiday budget, and enter to win your own ecobee3 lite smart thermostat, valued at $169!
Holiday Decor Tips
Led lights. Did you know that LED holiday light strands consume 70 percent less energy than incandescent ones? It’s a simple swap that can still provide a bright holiday tree or add color to your mantel.
Use a timer. You can use a simple timer to set your outdoor lights and lawn decorations to turn off when you’re asleep.
Get creative with batteries. These battery-powered light up Christmas trees can add a bit of sparkle wherever you need it.
Limit inflatables. Outdoor lawn decorations can boost your energy bill anywhere from $2 to $9 a month according to FPL.com/EasyToSave. Use other items like wreaths or bows to add color to your lawn decor.
How to Go Green In Your Home
- Look for energy-efficient electronics.
- Always look for the ENERGY STAR® logo when purchasing larger electronics or appliances as gifts.
- Use your slow cooker more for easy weeknight meals.
- Opt for glass pans in the oven since they heat faster than metal.
Want to go green in your own home? Enter to win!
- ecobee3 lite smart thermostat, valued at $169
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit this website: FPL.com/EasyToSave
- Leave a comment with a fact that you learned.
- *You must be a FPL customer to claim your prize.
Visit FPL.com/EasyToSave for energy saving tips year-round!
Rustic Chic Christmas Decor Guide
Download Rustic Christmas Decor Ideas for creative inspiration for your holiday home decor. These home ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017