I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
When you want to eat better and fix nutritious snacks or smoothies, you are going to need to prep your kitchen! Similar to meal planning, prepping your kitchen for smoothies is an easy fix to make healthy eating accessible. Instead of grabbing a meal on the go from a drive thru, you will need to prepare fresh ingredients and COOK a meal. However, a hearty smoothie is a simple swap that you can do to enjoy a meal without a lot of fuss!
How to Prep Your Kitchen For Smoothies
- You need a blender that works. Start with a blender that is easy to CLEAN and easy to use. Read reviews before you buy and ask friends who use their blenders a lot. I was able to try this new Oster model, and it will make blending and mixing a breeze!
I received the Oster Pro 1200 Plus which included a food processor as well. There were settings already on the blender for smoothies, so a few quick pulses can leave you with a fully blended meal or snack idea! The pitcher is marked with measurements so you can simply add, blend, and enjoy!
The pitcher fits on the base snugly, which is so important when blending frozen fruit. You don’t want a blender that scoots across the counter or leaks. The lid was secure as well, and it was ready to use right out of the box. There were no complicated instructions, and the blades were sharp.
- Offers Smart Settings™ Technology and 7 Speeds including 3 preprogrammed settings for the most common blender creations, Dual Direction Blade Technology for extra blending power to chop and grind with precision, and an extra wide 3.5” blade system that allows ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results.
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power plus a pulse feature to help blend with precision.
- Sleek and modern design, metallic grey finish and compact footprint 7” x 7” x 14” will look great in your kitchen
- Legendary All-Metal Drive system offers durable metal-to-metal connection which allows you to blend up to 10,000 smoothies.
- Product includes an Extra Large 8-cup BPA-free TRITAN™ Jar that’s dishwasher safe and impact and temperature resistant and an Extra Large capacity 5-cup Food Processing Bowl.
Oster at Target
- Save $10 off at Target with this coupon!
- Be sure to download Target’s Cartwheel app. Oster will be updating the app with promotions throughout the holiday season.
- Have ingredients ready. Besides a blender that is durable, you are going to need smoothie ingredients available at all times if you want to prep your kitchen for easy snacks and meals! While you can have fresh produce like greens (kale!), a lot of ingredients work just as well frozen. I like to blend frozen fruit often since they are creamy and cold when blending without having to add any more ice.
- Stock up on healthy smoothie ingredients like coconut water, yogurt, flax seed, chia seeds, and other mix in ideas. I like to use almond or cashew milk too! You can use a scoop of protein powder to keep you full until your next meal as well.
I personally start my day with a cafe latte! It is my favorite way to have a quick breakfast, and it has my favorite coffee flavor.
- Prep your smoothies ahead of time. When you discover what your favorite smoothies are, you can prep ahead of time. Clean, cut, and measure out your ingredients and store them so they are ready to use. You can toss all your frozen fruit into a freezer bag, label it, and pour it into your blender in the morning along with a cup of yogurt and some fresh greens.
- Add smoothie accessories to your kitchen. Once your smoothie is ready, make sure you have accessories to enjoy your smoothie! I like big tumblers or mason jars with wide straws. You can find glass straws online that you can reuse.
Prep your kitchen for smoothies with these tips. Don’t forget to upgrade your blender with Oster! Shop Target and save money.
What’s your favorite smoothie?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Go Ziplining in Ocala, Florida - August 17, 2017
- What to Track in Your Planner - August 16, 2017
- How to Make Lunchtime Fun: Silly Sandwich Ideas For Back to School - August 15, 2017