I was provided complimentary tickets for sharing this information.
Have you ever been to Medieval Times? I remember going twice: once as a teenager and again as I went to college near the Orlando/Kissimmee Location. Both times were celebrations, and now it is time to celebrate a birthday there again!
My son is old enough to enjoy the fun party atmosphere of the show, and he will get a kick out of the storytelling of the show. We are planning a trip there soon, and you should too if you have one in your area.
Medieval Times Facts:
- All Knights begin their training as Squires – just as they did in the Middle Ages – learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
- Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
- Every shield must be repainted after every show.
- When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
- Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
- Our horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
- 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
- Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand – about the load of 10 dump trucks.
Visit Medieval Times:
- Save money with code MT3629 through 2/28/17. Buy tickets here.
- Adults $36.95 and children (12 and under) $29.95
Have you ever visited Medieval Times?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Prioritize Your Goals - March 20, 2017
- Creative Ways To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - March 15, 2017
- Eight Places To Visit During Your Honeymoon To Italy - March 14, 2017