Right now, Hurricane Mathew is pelting the southern tip of Florida with wind and rain. It’s something we learn to deal with living down here. But since the weather isn’t conducive to being outside and torrential rains makes travel more hazardous than it is worth, that usually means battening down the hatches and spending the next two or three days indoors. In our house that usually translates into curling up on the couch with some comfy blankets and a supply of snacks and settling in for all-day superhero movie marathon until the storm passes us by.
And while us adults can indulge in fried cheese puffs or potato chips by the bagful with only our own guilty conscience to answer to, its another to allow your kids to do the same. After all, they don’t know any better. But you also can’t deny them the fundamental joys of munching out during movie time. Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM snacks are a simple way to compromise. It’s a win-win moment.
Lil’ Beanies are made from the goodness of navy beans, are naturally flavored and contain no genetically engineered (GM) ingredients. They contain no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and look just like the cheese puffs us grown ups like to eat by the handful.
They are healthier than than other traditional movie snacks too as each serving gives your toddler 2 grams of protein (9% Daily Value), 1 gram of fiber, and 10% Daily Value of Vitamin E.
We tried the white cheddar and broccoli flavored snacks for our impromptu hurricane party. After trying a few myself, you won’t feel guilty about not letting your kid enjoy some junk food during the movie. The guilt about eating an entire bag of less-than-healthy potato chips on your own? You are on your own with that one.
Rainy Day Activities
Need more ideas for rainy day activities besides snacks and movies? Try these suggestions!
- Color. Obviously coloring is a crowd favorite for kids of all ages, but you can make your own coloring book pages to print! I like to print out fun designs that I find on Pinterest for everyone to color.
- Washi tape crafts. I always have enough washi tape to last forever in my house, and with a little creativity you can come up with activities that can last for hours.
- Race Tracks. My son will create his own race track on our tile floor (easy clean up!).
- Decorate a photo frame.
- Make your own board game. Using cardboard and markers, you can create your own checkerboard or something else fun! You can also turn an empty egg carton into a mancala game with gems or rocks.
- Sticker party. I always have a few $1 packages of stickers for my son to play with. We do letters and holiday characters and he decorates construction paper or adds them to a special book.
- Memory Book Making. We have a mini Polaroid camera so we take photos and create a fun memory book together!
Stock up on your rainy day essentials at Publix.
The first bean-based snack in the baby aisle, Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM is made from the goodness of navy beans to deliver 2 grams of protein (9% Daily Value), 1 gram of fiber, and 10% Daily Value of Vitamin E per serving. A delicious and nutritious treat, your little ones will love it for its taste and you’ll love it for its nutrition. Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM Snack is baked, not made with genetically engineered (GM) ingredients, and is naturally flavored!
Find Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM at Publix. Use this Ibotta offer to save money while you shop.
What’s your favorite rainy day activity?
Latest posts by Scott Butherus (see all)
- How to Save Money at a Baseball Game - March 13, 2017
- Best Diving Spots in Marion County - February 14, 2017
- Dog Apartment Essentials: Living Small With a Large Pet - February 14, 2017