Do you need a quick sweet treat? Or, a movie night dessert that has room for two spoons? This brownie mug cake recipe is easy to replicate, and it is basically adorable. It is a fun way to cozy up together this fall, or you can create it for a date night at home! I love using fresh fruit AND chocolate together, and the combination in this raspberry brownie mug cake is delicious!
The best desserts are the ones where you have all of the ingredients already in your pantry. It is essential that we have flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and vegetable oil or coconut oil! The other main ingredients include a pinch of salt, vanilla extract, and fresh raspberries. You could also swap the raspberries for your favorite fruit, but trust me, you’re going to want to try the raspberries.
In your favorite microwave-safe mug, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and water while mixing well.
Stir in your fresh raspberries and mix well. Microwave for just about two minutes, but be sure to keep watch! If you have never microwaved a mug cake before, start off slow at one minute to see how your microwave cooks and add more time if needed.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (you could also substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp water
- Small handfull of fresh raspberries
- In a microwave safe mug, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt (see photo).
- Add in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, water mixing well while scraping the sides of the mug to get all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the fresh raspberries (see photo) and mix.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes in the microwave. Make sure to keep at eye on it. If you have never microwaved a mug cake before I would start out at 1 minute and then add 30 seconds if more time is needed.
- Remove from the microwave and allow it to cool a few minutes and enjoy!
Have you ever had a mug cake before?