Cheers to the weekend! If you’re anything like me, you’ve been counting down the minutes until 5pm so that you could kick off your shoes, head to the water, and sip on a sunset cocktail! While I am nowhere near the beach tonight, I will be at some point this weekend. I’m ready to relax and enjoy what is left of summer before school starts next week.
I typically do not drink gin, but when it’s mix with the right ingredients it is an amazing combination! I used to LOVE gin and tonics with several slices of fresh limes back in college, but I opted for fruity cocktails as I got older. We recently taste tested a local distillery, and I was reminded just how much I missed mixing gin in cocktails!
This simple recipe includes gin, pineapple juice, and San Pellegrino! I used the clementina variety, but you could mix it up and try one of their other flavors.
Don’t forget to add sugar to the rim of your martini glass for a sugary sweet sip!
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 ounces San Pellegrino Clementina
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Dip the rim of your martini glass in San Pellegrino or water. While still wet, dip the rim of the glass into a thin layer of sugar.
- In a martini shaker pour gin, pineapple juice and San Pellegrino Clementina.
- Add ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Strain into your chilled and sugar-rimmed martini glass.
What’s your favorite martini?